shortcut?

BamaFan29891

In Runtime
how do i make a shortcut to an exe file, with an option like -shutdown or something... just with an option...

it's not -shutdown but it is an option like that

Well, you cannot really make a shortcut to do that. What exactly do you want it to do? You can make a shortcut to any .exe file by right clicking and selecting Make a Shortcut.

heres where the shut down file is
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe
a shortcut to that doesnt work. it needs to be loaded through cmd. not sure how to do it

ye i dont even think u can do shortcuts like this, maybe im wrong but i dont think u can mate.

some one could help with the writing of the batch file, but the command is shudown -s. (no period). If you want to pre-define how long untill it shutsdown (default is thirty seconds I belive) after the "-s' do a space then "-t(space)(number of seconds before shutdown starts)

wow that was fast guys, but not exactly what i meant haha... -shutdown was just an example

the thing is this

shortcut to:
<installed directory>/steam/userapps/half-life 2/hll2.exe -steamlocal

that's how i want it.

go to cmd. type "edit test.bat" and type in what you want. then go to file, exit and save. it will be stored in c:\documents and settings\username

a shutdown for 60 second delay is as follows:

shutdown -s -t 60

If you want to add a screen with a custom comment, add -c "Comment Here", so it would look like:

shutdown -s -t 60 -c "Friggin Computer Shutting Down, Get Off Immediately"

Back
Top Bottom