half clone?

spywarebanisher

Fully Optimized
well i want to basically send files from my old computer to a new one but not the whole hard drive. i am not just transfering things like word documents or pictures. i need to transfer programs . is there a way to do that?

for example, i am transfering firefox from the old comp onto the new one.

just re download and install firefox. it aint a big file. as for your docs do you have a network?
if not a usb stick?

It's near impossible to transfer entire programs as you will also need to transfer their many registry entries too. It would be best to just reinstall the needed programs.

Yeah reinstalling the programs is the best way to go. As for the documents, you can put them into a folder, zip it up, and post it on Rapidshare or something like that. Then you can retrieve it. But that will be downloading. If you just want to do it with hardware, then you will have to get some sort of external harddrive, or just a flashdrive.

or just take the old hdd and plug it into the new computer.

cant do that cuz the new comp is only sata.

i dont want to reinstall because some programs i cant reinstall because they used to be freeware but not anymore.
for example i downloaded videoget a used to be freeware program that downloads youtube vids.

Back
Top Bottom