Old Lady- Worlds fastest internet connection.

Sounds to me like they are just trying out some new technology and she is just a tester. Why they picked a lady that has never used a computer before...I don't know.

Well i doubt there are many web servers that can deliver downloads that fast anyway so it ain't really as good as it sounds

I don't believe that they would hook a 75 year old lady with that kind of internet.

I read about that in the paper, that's just over kill for grandma...why in the world would she need such a fast connection. i know it was just a test they were doing, but she said she only checks her e-mail. :rolleyes:

why don't they have things like that where i live.. :p

If you guys would read the whole thing first:

AHN said:
Hafsteinn Jonsson, head of the Karlstad city network unit worked with Lothberg's son, Peter, an Internet wizard to install the connection. They wanted to showcase a new router system and see how it works over long distance fibre networks.

AP quotes Peter Lothberg, who works at Cisco as saying, the new modulation technique will allow transfer of data between two routers placed up to 1,240 miles apart, without any transponders in between. "We wanted to show that that there are no limitations to Internet speed," he said.

The point of this is to show how much potential internet speed still has. Just shows you that there is more to come.

yeah I read about this about month ago.
And as alvino said the only reason for it was that they wanted to prove that fast internet connections are possible even without huge expenses.

umm the reason they picked her is like shes the mother of some guy who invented DSL internet or something, i can't remember right now.

Back
Top Bottom