Liquid Cooling

when it says 1/8 or 7/16 thats the diameter of the pipe buy a pipe that will fit on the reservior

Chris

Yeh I know its means the diameter of the pipe but what's with the 7/16" surely you would just say 10mm or something I don't get the weird format it is in. What does each number mean and why the forward slash. lol sorry about this :p Does 1/2" Mean the circumference is half an inch?

Just and advice, if you buy the kit thjaownage said, just don't get one meter. Get two or three to be safe.

BTW, your sig should be 5 lines max. Here's a suggestion:

Code:
My Rig:
Enermax 600w NoiseTaker 2 PSU / Nvidia nforce eVGA 680i / Intel core 2 duo E6600 @3Ghz / 2GB DDR2 800 (2x 1GB) / Nvidia MSI 8800GTX / Creative Audigy LS Sound Card / Vista Ultimate & XP Home Dual Boot 32bit / 200GB x2, 400GB x1 HDDs (600GB)

I think i get it now 1/2" means half an inch and 3/8" is 3 8ths of an inch so 1/2 is bigger. Correct? Sorry if im being realy dumb i just want the bigger pipe.

use 1/2" fittings and 7/16" tubing. Thats what I use right now and the tubing is tight around the fittings to ensure that it stays on. That doesn't mean you don't need to use hose clamps though. Zip ties work well in this situation. Try and get metal fittings if possible. Its easier to slide the tubing on and off. Plastic is horrible. Petras Tech should be able to take international orders. Give them a call and ask them.

The Swiftech MCRES-Micro is great. I currently use it and it works very well.

And about the fluid, yes you mix all three into one. For the Pentosin, its an antifreeze so it does contain ethylene glycol so keep pets away from it. Mix it in a 9:1 ratio with water. So 9 parts water, 1 part Pentosin. For the PT Nuke, there are instructions on there. 2-3 drops should be fine.

use 1/2" fittings and 7/16" tubing. Thats what I use right now and the tubing is tight around the fittings to ensure that it stays on. That doesn't mean you don't need to use hose clamps though. Zip ties work well in this situation. Try and get metal fittings if possible. Its easier to slide the tubing on and off. Plastic is horrible. Petras Tech should be able to take international orders. Give them a call and ask them.

The Swiftech MCRES-Micro is great. I currently use it and it works very well.

And about the fluid, yes you mix all three into one. For the Pentosin, its an antifreeze so it does contain ethylene glycol so keep pets away from it. Mix it in a 9:1 ratio with water. So 9 parts water, 1 part Pentosin. For the PT Nuke, there are instructions on there. 2-3 drops should be fine.

Is 7/16" Tubing big? Kinda like this:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/leefang/casemod/qx8812.jpg

and wouldn't it just be easier to get ordinary coolant instead of making a weird concoction

7/16" is just a tad smaller in diameter than 1/2". One of the water cooling gods did an investigation and found that 7/16 was the best tubing size.

For additives, what ever you add in will decrease performance. Pure distilled water is the best, but with that you get algae and weird bacteria and it just looks plain. To get over these things, you need to add stuff. Now, a lot of the premixed things you buy are NOT liquid based. They are particle based, but since they are mixed already, you can't see the particles until it starts clogging your water blocks. Now, I know forsure that Pentosin is liquid based and so is PT Nuke. PT Nuke was designed with copper sulfate so it kills algae mainly and other annoying pests. It works well since it has copper in it and it won't disturb anything and cause corrosion.

Back
Top Bottom