buying stock

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
well i was thinking the other day while watching tv about some stock brokers, "hey if i can buy some stock that i know will make money how much would i be able to make?"

i understand that its not like "hey let me buy stock and get money" but i know you can get unbelievable amounts of cash if you invest correctly.

now i'm looking into stocks that increase on a daily value such as an oil stock or a popular website such as ebay. now i also understand that these shares are expensive in purchasing them but i know that if i were to buy maybe a few expensive ones i would know for a fact i will have my money's worth in returned funds.

so what i really want to know is the little details about going about and buying shares, thanks.

Best thing I can tell you is research. Look at their recent price patterns, as well as their future goals. If they don't have anything planed odds are their stock won't rise as high as a company who has a big release coming.

I posted a thread exactly like this in the beginning of this year but didn't get a lot of response to it simply because a lot of people on here don't know about stocks or don't invest.

You need to put in a lot of money to get a high return, if the company does well. Google is very expensive. I think they're at $500 a share or something. Good luck with that one.

First thing, you need a broker. Go online. Don't hire an agent. Too expensive. My personal favorite is www.scottstrade.com.

Since you're young, here's what I would do. OPen up a Roth IRA through them. Then invest in stocks so the return you get will go directly into the IRA. That way, you won't have to claim anything for capital gain on your tax return. It's deferred so that's the best part. Tax free!!!

Next step, choose what stocks you want to buy. When you buy a stock, you are basically part owner of the company. Yeah, sounds good doesn't it? When you do that, you can tell your friends that you co-own Google or Microsoft, lol. Ok, that's a little too carried away.

I personally know some good stocks, but I hate giving them out. The reason for that is because I'll get blamed if all of a sudden, they drop or in the long run, it may get worse and all the finger comes pointing to me. I just tell people to research it online. Stocks are risky. They make look good now, but a few months or even a year, they may grow sour. It's hard to predict, but projections can be made. Look at the company's income statement for the past 5-10 years, look at their balance sheet, read any news about them, are they bad or good type questions, check for potential growth, how are they doing now, etc, etc. Looking up stock quotes help too. Their PE ratio is important as well as all the numbers they show for each stock.

Final word: financing stocks is an art. There is no fancy math or rules to go by. Use your judgement, get opinions, research the company. That's it. Buy what you can afford to. It's always better to buy low and sell high.

Lenovo for example is a good company to buy earlier in the year. But at that time, who knows what Lenovo is? I didn't know who they are but their stocks jumped a bunch and they were selling for dirt cheap at the beginning of the year. Now it's gone up. Should you have invested in them from the beginning, you would've doubled or tripled your money depending on how many shares you buy from them.

wow that helped a lot, thanks iso. i'll keep that in mind but i came across this using what else google lol.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/articles/invest/jubak/fifty.asp

its insane how a newspaper (the washington post) is like $770 more than Microsoft stocks. i'll keep my eyes open through all of this though. all i need to do really is put a few hundred dollars like you aside so that can be invested in. but first i need a car lol so I'm not planning on doing this anytime soon. but i figured that if i started investing and learning early so by the time i'm 25 i'll know what i'm really doing.

Big companies are nice to invest in, but they cost so darn much. If Google is really $500 a share, you really need to put a lot of money into them just to make some profit. But then again, something bad happens and you lose all that money. That's why my limit are usually $90 a share max. There are a lot of nice companies that are around there. It's still awfully high, but they're very good.

Sony is not good to invest in. NEVER buy Sony stocks. Well, I shouldn't say that. But they're trend isn't looking too good.

That sight has some pretty good stocks in invest in. Chevron's good but high. Yeah, I saw that Washington Post stock. At $740 a share, whoa!!! How many shares are people willing to buy, lol. Just buying two shares brings the total to over $1400!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forget it. If someone out there has tons of money, yeah, it's a nice investment.

Someone like me, not a chance. McDonald's is suffering right now. They suffered their first loss since it's opening. But, their market is diversifying. I hear they're coming out with new menus in the future. I watch CNN moneywatch every once in awhile and they tell you what stocks are good and the trend of companies. They did a profile on McDonalds. Even though they're losing right now, don't sell yet. It's practically a household name and people always eat. When they're new exotic menus come out, we'll see how they do. It's a profit or bust.

Oh, Intel stock is nice. Even though they have a suit and some bad publicity now, I feel they are good in the long run. Buy them. At $20 a share, they are cheap. It's always better to invest in smaller companies because of their potential for growth whereas big companies are done growing. More money t be made that way but there are advantages and disadvantages to both ways. Small companies, they may suffer and never takeoff. But when they do, watch out. Your money could triple and even quadruple!!!! Big companies are steady profit, but not much profit to be made. Not as high as from smaller firms.

Google's at $403 right now and that's just ridiculous. They don't really need to make it that high, so they're probably coming out with something big. It's the CFOs of the company that sets the price shares. Either there's something wrong with the company or they're up to something (for good or worse).

you know i was looking at southwest airlines, because i know for a fact that is like the number one airliner in new york to go to florida and with fall/winter going up i know they will be seeing an increase in sales of tickets thus getting me more money sort of say lol. nah not to be cocky but i know they will go up. and i know i'm not going to buy more than 70 or 80 dollars a share, anymore and i'm looking towards a serious deficit if their shares go down. but i'm researching :)

I'm not a stock expert at all, but perhaps apple wouldn't be a bad choice? I've heard they've been on the rise since the iphone.

Military weapons and aircraft companies are good investments. There's always a market for the products.

Back
Top Bottom