Pinnacle pctv USB/Pro USB

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Ok, My brother had this TV tuner because it came with his computer that he bought. So I went ahead and installed it and it worked fine!

This is aside from my other post "Tv Tuners" a couple of posts down. Im still going to buy one of those because this one is my brothers. I just thought I would make a new post to see if anyone had one like this that can tell me how to use it. so pay attention to both posts if you would like :D

So I installed it and I have NO IDEA how to record myself playing halo. I joined forums, all of which the last reply ANYWHERE in the world was two days ago.. not much attention there... so I came here.

I have the tuner connected to my computer via USB and I have a regular cable thing connected from the tuner to the tv (my brother misplaced his S-Video cable). So I was looking around and I found under Settings there was a "Capture" subsections so I clicked on it and changed where I recorded to my secondary 250gb hard drive and the quality in which it would record.

I looked everywhere and I cant find HOW to record though. Actually I did, but I think it's just for cable. As I said before I just have the tuner connected to the tv and NOT the cable so I cant record cable. I am "scaning for channels" as we speak (Im at my gfs house right now..cant give results now) and hopefully it will find something I can record. BUT

My problem is, on my TV it doesn't matter what channel you are on to play games. There is a video button and when you press it (1,2 or 3times) you go to Video 1, Vid. 2 and Vid. 3. and you have to be on Video 3 to play games. I don't know how you can make the tuner record video 3, I mean, how can you tell it to go to video 3 lol..

Well, I hope someone has used this or can find a site that can help me.. Thanks

-Q

I

" Erm, why didn't you run the Video composites to th TV tuner? "

What are the Video composites lol.. what is that.

Ok! I scaned for all my channels and it found all the channels my tv supports, which means without cable or satalite.. all the chanels I can go to.

Now lets take channel 73, I will be using channel 73 for everything and you will to for your replies :D just so we dont get confused :D.

If you go to channels you can click on channel 73. But you can't tell it to record video 1,2 or 3 and to play my xbox it has to be on Video 3. Thus I cannot record anything.
help?

is there some abbreviations I need to know about like
ntsc m
that's what it says next to video standard.

Edited*

I can change my Video Standard on that channel to bunches of abbreviations.. I dont know what they mean though.. it's like

Pal X*
NTSC X*
SECAM X*

* X being a letter.. there are lots or PAL B or D or H's on there..

Weird, I thought I posted...oh well.

Is your TV Tuner supporting recording options? It could be not supporting.

Back
Top Bottom