700 posts, going for 1000, 2000, sold!!!

Yeah, I only said it as a joke:) my guess now is this September, I'd be pleased to see you as a Guru, next step a mod maybe?, er what happened to your forum then?

My forum just underwent an upgrade and the database didn't make it. But I pretty much recovered almost 100% from it. I saw that Vipul joined yesterday, and someone else should be joining today if I am not mistaken. I would love to be a mod if I ever get to that point. I would take the position with open arms. ;) I just wish there were more regular posters, but a lot of people come on with a question or two to ask, and then they are gone. I have a feeling if my forum ever gets busy, that will happen the same way over there. We are here to answer questions, and not everybody who has a question is very computer saavy and is even interested in continuing to participate in such a forum. BTW, my forum is now phpBB 3, and it has a lot of neat new features in it, like temporary bans, temporary stickies, report posts, etc., a lot of stuff that phpBB 2 didn't have. But I don't see the value in buying vBulletin. I get a majority of the functionality in phpbb 3.

Don't worry about the joke, Brookfield, we still like ya!!!

My forum just underwent an upgrade and the database didn't make it. But I pretty much recovered almost 100% from it. I saw that Vipul joined yesterday, and someone else should be joining today if I am not mistaken. I would love to be a mod if I ever get to that point. I would take the position with open arms. ;) I just wish there were more regular posters, but a lot of people come on with a question or two to ask, and then they are gone. I have a feeling if my forum ever gets busy, that will happen the same way over there. We are here to answer questions, and not everybody who has a question is very computer saavy and is even interested in continuing to participate in such a forum. BTW, my forum is now phpBB 3, and it has a lot of neat new features in it, like temporary bans, temporary stickies, report posts, etc., a lot of stuff that phpBB 2 didn't have. But I don't see the value in buying vBulletin. I get a majority of the functionality in phpbb 3.

Don't worry about the joke, Brookfield, we still like ya!!!
Glad you got it sorted:), I wasn't worried, I put 'lol' I think, I'm not a somber person really, there's too much in life to enjoy, to be truthful, my other side only comes out when I'm on CF, I don't experience hassle in my private life, I have many friends, but unfortunately I'm very short on relatives these days!!.

Im the same really, became a lot more active lately. The only time i leave is when i see DB errors, this why past days, I;ve seen loads so couldnt make many posts.

Im the same really, became a lot more active lately. The only time i leave is when i see DB errors, this why past days, I;ve seen loads so couldnt make many posts.
so if you leave whenever theres db errors then you cant be on much. shame on you

The DB errors drives me away too. This website is a fast website. It loads up 10,000 x faster than any other forums I've ever been on, even when I'm downloading stuff I shouldn't be. That's why I keep coming on here. It's fast when things are right.

But you'll make it to a thousand posts fairly easily. Just don't think about it and post what's on your mind, boom, next thing you know, 800 posts and counting.

Though on the other hand brookfield, this is a really nice forum. As you will agree :)
Yes, it is, I just hope it wasn't spoilt for him, some of you guys just don't understand, [not you] being a mod can be hard, you have to strike a fine balance between keeping the peace & being caring, some misunderstand if you joke about, what they have to realise is that I was a member, & being made up to mod doesn't alter you as a person, In the RAF, I was promoted to Corporal, Police Corporal that is, it's amazing how many friends you lose when that happens, no violence because they daren't, I'd have had to arrest them & I didn't want to do that, three of them stuck by me & when I hit civvy street, we wrote to each other regularly for years, you are what you are, & nobody can change that, thank goodness!

Back
Top Bottom