Laptop Choices

guitardude777

In Runtime
I really would like to get a laptop but I have to figure out which one I want. To me, it seems like the apples own all of the other laptops because of their build quality and features. I also like the design of apples better than all of the other manufacturers(they're only 1 inch thick). The only thing is, they're really expensive and I want to know some good alternatives to the apples. So, are there any other laptops that come close to the apples?

I don't care if Apple OS sucks(IMO it's better than windows except for compatibility issues), because I can run Windows on the new Apple laptops.

Get an ASUS laptop, ASUS is paid by Apple to manufacture their Macbooks. That being said, ASUS laptops that run Windows are just as good, if not better. They're about 1500 a pop for a decent one though, not much different than a Macbook Pro.
Only drawback to ASUS laptops is that they don't have a website where you can order one and customization is limited. Various vendors offer ASUS laptops, one being BTOtech, which is pretty reliable I think since my friend ordered one from there and didn't have any problems. Just putting it out there.

Yeah, I've sort of decided that a Macbook Pro would be too far out of my price range because the cheapest one is $2000. Are there any other laptops that are as good as the Asus ones?

well asus really pwns everything else, but if u want to get something worse than asus, get the new dell inspirons. there colorful now.

What about the HP's? They seem to be very reasonably priced. The only thing I hate about the HP's is that stupid glossy film over the LCD's. I don't if you can get them without that.

My HP dv6205us is the cat's meow. The screen is clear as it gets and over all it's a real powerhouse. $600usd at Circuit City.

Personally, I love acer laptops. Good quality, and if for any reason you need to call their tech support, it's based in Texas, so you don't need to try to understand an Indian accent. Just a much easier Texas one.

I would love to try Acer laptops. Actually, if I do need a new one in the future, I'll give them a try (pending on how well they do at that time). Gateways are a little too expensive and they use these Intel Solo CPUs, which I've never heard before. Specwise, they are good CPUs, but "Solo"? Hmmmm, sounds like Intel Hfeglef.

Back
Top Bottom