I'm desperate....

Once Windows boots to where you see your desktop, shut it down, un-plug it, put in the second stick of RAM, then plug it back in and fire her up.

yeah i have to agree with jervin32189. did you make sure you connected your motherboard properly?

Once Windows boots to where you see your desktop, shut it down, un-plug it, put in the second stick of RAM, then plug it back in and fire her up.

Ok well everything runs fine still BUT I have a problem with the RAM now. I'm thinking the 2nd stick doesn't work or maybe I'm just not doing something right. I've currently only got 1GB(1 stick) installd in the first socket closest to the CPU and it works just fine but when I shut the comp down and install the second stick into the 3rd socket over from the CPU (so it's |taken|empty|taken|empty) because the two taken ones are yellow and the two empty ones are black so I figured just use the same colors right? Well I tried that and then also tried putting the second stick right next to the first one and it still doesn't work. Is the second stick broke or am I missing something?

are you sure the rams compatible?
if it is then it should work in atleast 1 of the slots
if not it could be fcuked

Yeah, you did everything right. I'm assuming both sticks are of the same kind since XMS2 is usually sold in pairs, so it wouldn't be a compatibility thing. Try the second stick in the second slot (pattern would be Taken|Taken|Empty|empty) so we can eliminate a bad slot on the motherboard as the problem.

Celegorm had slid a post in there that basically said the exact same thing as mine, so I just took it out so it didn't seem like I was copying him :D

Back
Top Bottom