What's Accessing my Harddrive?!

well; i`m using msnmsgr so... can`t remove that haha. will `batterylife`prevent me from changing battery modes on the fly... like i change battery profiles from maximum performance to maximum battery life alot.

With vista, you can just use the battery icon at the bottom. That has the option to change your battery consumption mode right then and there.

how do i `remove them`.. is it in the msconfig.

also; in the msconfig... under the services tab; there`s a whole bunch of windows services. Do I need all of them checked... since when i hide microsoft services... only like AVG and something else is left.

uhh; sorry for being so 'noobish' .. but umm, i can't seem to find the names of the services you listed. Like it's probably not the same name under msconfig :confused: what to do?

Ok let's do it this way. Bring up msconfig, resize it as big as you can vertically, and make a full screenshot of that (PrintScreen). That way I can get on the same "page" as you are. From there I can tell you what to remove from starting automatically.

No worries, make a screenshot of every "view" of msconfig. That is, screenshot of A-F, then another starting with the last one of the previous one. Do you have the patience for that? I am a visual person. ;)

anything to make my laptop be faster! haha. I'll start doing it now =( =)

did u want the services tab.. or the start up tab... or both?

Ever stop to think it could be indexing? Mine does that every night at 1 am. It also creates a big system restore point around that time too. Using data from the performance meter, you can see what is reading and writing to the drive. That's how I found out mine was Indexing.

Back
Top Bottom