AMD or Intel

lol, you are comparing a a AMD X2 to a celeron?? How about this a Intel Core2Duo 1.8ghz would blow that away.

They're in different class of CPUs though as far as the Athlon X2 vs Celeron goes.

AMD is always integrating their technology together where Intel always use their FSB to connect everything. Remember when the Athlon 64 first came out? They integrated their memory controller with their primary core. It was a huge success. Now, they're doing it again by combining all 4 cores onto a single die while Intel is not. Could this be AMD's comeback? I feel it will help them significantly.

It will, hopefully.

I like AMD more, however my new computer (next thursday) is going to be a Core 2 Quad (Q6600)

Ooooo, one of the first to go quad core. I'm sure there are a few members on here with quad core but most have dual core because of quad core pricing. AMD quad cores are expensive or will be expensive. My next desktop PC will most likely be quad core, but Intel's coming out with 8-core CPU. Oct Core I guess.

Yea I am kinda thinking that 8 cores is going a bit overboard. I think Intel should try to improve/optimize the quad core even further. Most applications cannot even support quad core yet, so 8 cores is even worse.

....and here's the Penryn (8-Core):

penryn_cores.jpg

penryn.jpg

This thing is already manufactured so I'm just waiting to see it on market. If you look real carefully at the first screenshot, you can barely make out the RAM count. It looks to be 16GB? That's a lot.

I can't wait for next year to come. Quad core is going to rule! It puts us to shame using dual core right now.

You can really see a trend in computer stores now too. There are more dual core now than ever before. Very rare, you'll see a single core CPU--except on dirt cheap budget machines which they don't sell very much. There's also more and more quad core systems now too that you can purchase. In the next couple of years, quad core will dominate the industry.

ummm just wondering

PPl that compare 2 CPUs like before the AMD X2 and That Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8ghz "would Blow that away" Compman

Are u also adding in the OCing ability
If u compare look at it at the "non computer educated side" and think if they will OC

Compare them right out of the box
if u compare the OCablity then compare that to the best AMD OCing CPU
AMD Brisbane 3600+ 1.9Ghz "OCed to 2.7Ghz 15c Idle 38c load"
And sometimes i think im missing out when i can buy a cheap CPU like that one and get really good stuff out of it

ummm just wondering

PPl that compare 2 CPUs like before the AMD X2 and That Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8ghz "would Blow that away" Compman

Are u also adding in the OCing ability
If u compare look at it at the "non computer educated side" and think if they will OC

Compare them right out of the box
if u compare the OCablity then compare that to the best AMD OCing CPU
AMD Brisbane 3600+ 1.9Ghz "OCed to 2.7Ghz 15c Idle 38c load"
And sometimes i think im missing out when i can buy a cheap CPU like that one and get really good stuff out of it

it can get up to about 3.1 on the right motherboard ;)

Back
Top Bottom