Microsoft Announces DirectX 10.1!

Yeah sure tell people , Also did you post it yet

I am glad i decided to wait before building a new rig
if i do as i have had planned and build a new comp at the end of the year or early next year i am deffo gonna wanna take this into consideration , But i want 100% proof yet it just seems a little bit of a stupid step by Microsoft to render everyones new cards useless before they even get used

Well its a never ending wait if you expect something to stay current for more than a few months lol.

All i can say is if this is true a lot of people have just been screwed over real bad

Yep......... Rather used to it now at least I only wasted $285 and not 500+

Yeah, like I said, I'm going to pull out of the 8000 series band wagon until things are sorted, especailly since Direct X 10.0 games haven't started arriving yet. I mean, come on!

I wonder if the change is anything to do with the games that have been patched to Direct X 10, but haven't performed half as good as expected on new cards.

Its possible but you would still think they would have released more DX10 games by now.

I'm glad I waited for a dx10 card. Looks like I will be waiting longer!

Just think of it as buying a ps3 every six months to a year ;)

What I think is sad, is the PC is actually a very low end system when it comes down to it.

You know when you buy a console game, after many years of the console being out, that every single ounce of power is being used, to create the best graphics, the best sound, the best framerate, etc.

With a PC however, its hit and miss, and even PC's aren't at the moment getting better graphics in reality, compared with consoles.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 have the equivilent of 2 6800 somethings under them, yet, to get the same graphics power on a PC, you'd need at least a 7000 series, or more to run at the same resoloution and the same settings the console can (don't argue with this point, as I probably didn't say it good enough :p )

Too much customisability, with too much money having to be thrown around to get it.

Not that I'm against PC gaming, because I'm not. Not at all.

What I think is sad, is the PC is actually a very low end system when it comes down to it.

You know when you buy a console game, after many years of the console being out, that every single ounce of power is being used, to create the best graphics, the best sound, the best framerate, etc.

With a PC however, its hit and miss, and even PC's aren't at the moment getting better graphics in reality, compared with consoles.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 have the equivilent of 2 6800 somethings under them, yet, to get the same graphics power on a PC, you'd need at least a 7000 series, or more to run at the same resoloution and the same settings the console can (don't argue with this point, as I probably didn't say it good enough :p )

Too much customisability, with too much money having to be thrown around to get it.

I am not against pc gaming but if i could get the game on console or PC i would chose the console as there are no is my hardware good enough and are there any compatibility issues problems with consoles you just put the disk in and off you go .
The one thing i like about pc gaming though is the ability to mod your games and add more and better features to make the game last longer

:)

much better flexiblity though. i love keyboard and mouse gaming. main reason on got an uber computer now is because my favorite kind of games are RTS which is only on PC and FPS where all the good ones are expect Halo 3

Well with Direct X 10, offering better graphics over Direct X 9, maybe we'll see for the first time, the PC pulling ahead of the console graphically (and for 10 years if the PS3's lifespan is to be believed, though they'll probably release a new one in 5-6)

I agree with you guys consoles will have the easy way out. They just build it the game designers know what there working with and can make games easier. PC tech is always moving ahead advancing making it harder to keep up with current hardware.

I enjoy building a PC and customizing it. Thats why i do it if I really wanted a ps3 for the latest console graphics i'd go buy one. I guess I just have not seen that one game that makes it a must have yet.

Its kind of like choose your poison. One things for sure PC's still hold the edge in shooter games.

I agree with you guys consoles will have the easy way out. They just build it the game designers know what there working with and can make games easier. PC tech is always moving ahead advancing making it harder to keep up with current hardware.

I enjoy building a PC and customizing it. Thats why i do it if I really wanted a ps3 for the latest console graphics i'd go buy one. I guess I just have not seen that one game that makes it a must have yet.

Its kind of like choose your poison. One things for sure PC's still hold the edge in shooter games.
I havent seen anything that makes me want a PS3 yet , i only want gta when it comes out and that will be next year so hopefully prices will have dropped .But i was just saying console gaming in general is much easier , you go to the shop you buy the game you put it in the console and play , thats pretty easy rather than having to check system requirements and ensuring your gpu is supported etc . If i had more money i would prolly build a more powerfull pc and do a bit more pc gaming but money isnt exactly growing on trees for me so ya i make do with what i have

Money doesn't grow on trees for anyone :(
Who invened the idea of money anyhow?! haha

The PC is definietly the best bet for customising, and that, no brainer there.

I wonder if Crysis will be pushed back now this 10.1 has arrived as they'd want to push graphics as much as possible if interviews are to be believed?...

Back
Top Bottom