Recommended free spyware remover?

I don't have exact figures for you, but on the computers I've installed it on, there was a noticeable difference between before and after.
Yes. I have spysweeper running on my system, and it does take a small chunk of performance. But it has never failed me in preventing and removing spyware. I believe it is worth the money, but for those looking for free programs, there are many like others have mentioned in this thread so far that are adaquate.

I like adaware SE personal, but adaware 2007 is awful. Once they end support for SE I'm not using it anymore. I tried 2007 and it crashed under vista, and in XP it's too bloaty.

I like adaware SE personal, but adaware 2007 is awful. Once they end support for SE I'm not using it anymore. I tried 2007 and it crashed under vista, and in XP it's too bloaty.
I wouldn't call it horrible. I do agree it is a bit bloaty but the actual scanning engine is still top notch in my opinion.

I use Ad-Aware and Spybot combo and it works great. What one doesn't catch the other will. Just to throw this in, I think that Norton 360, even though provides many services to protect your computer, is too much of a resource hog, so I do not recommend any of those bundles with antivirus. But then again, that isn't free. ;)

Back
Top Bottom