Microsoft Announces DirectX 10.1!

I'm still waiting for proof that the current cards won't support it. I'm worried kinda that what I have won't work, but before I get all mad I do wanna see it in writing.

just a matter of how much mail is out today

hope you get yours soon aswell, can i tell people, dont want to piss you off :p

Yeah sure tell people , Also did you post it yet
I'm still waiting for proof that the current cards won't support it. I'm worried kinda that what I have won't work, but before I get all mad I do wanna see it in writing.
I am glad i decided to wait before building a new rig
if i do as i have had planned and build a new comp at the end of the year or early next year i am deffo gonna wanna take this into consideration , But i want 100% proof yet it just seems a little bit of a stupid step by Microsoft to render everyones new cards useless before they even get used

wont work fully because DX10.1 will support shader model 4.1 8800's have SM4.0 so thats the first incompatibility. before you blow your top im sure DX10 games will support both for over a year :p

EDIT:
also it wont be out for several months so our cards our SM is still top of the tree :p
i havent posted it yet but ill post it with the sure post of pics and info on my new stuff today!!

All i can say is if this is true a lot of people have just been screwed over real bad

I'm glad I waited, but nvidia and microsoft are going to get a bad rep if they don't make the current cards support this new DX10, so with that in mind I would guess they are going to be compatible.

Yeah, like I said, I'm going to pull out of the 8000 series band wagon until things are sorted, especailly since Direct X 10.0 games haven't started arriving yet. I mean, come on!

I wonder if the change is anything to do with the games that have been patched to Direct X 10, but haven't performed half as good as expected on new cards.

i ment its not hard to build in support for nvidias next new line waiting to be released

That'd be impossible. The chips are 100% different from one another...

Back
Top Bottom