vBulletin

I think I will keep that. I will probably change the logo and put some mods on. Thanks for your help.

Vbulletin is alot more professional, and stands out more than phpbb, but there is no point in buying it unless you have alot of members, and a popular forum. Although buying it could be a good start point for your forum, depends on whether you have the money or not really.

Vbulletin is alot more professional, and stands out more than phpbb, but there is no point in buying it unless you have alot of members, and a popular forum. Although buying it could be a good start point for your forum, depends on whether you have the money or not really.
Exactly, but you kinda want to make sure your forum will be active before you go out and spend that kind of money on it.

a few years ago i would have said just go and buy it, but now theres so many forums around and its really hard to make it big, most new forums fail or are very small

What you could do is start out with one of the free forum packages such as mybb or php bb then if it gets successful then upgrade to v bulletin and transfer the members and posts to v bulletin , it is possible although it might take some work

yea, i think hes sticking with phpbb for now, and i dont blame him.
from what hes said in his other thread this is perfect for him. lots to mod and all for free

Another thought is invision power board. I use it and I think it's great, I don't have a very big forum but I like it better than PHPBB. It's easy to use but has a lot of features in it.

I just upgraded to phpBB 3, which has a lot of new features including much of the features I like of IPB (Invision Power Board). I have another forum (which is absolutely dead) that uses IPB. But I think that phpBB 3 is definitely enough. Check out my forum:

http://www.cpudiscussions.org

Back
Top Bottom