Microsoft Announces DirectX 10.1!

I dont really care, cause it wont be a huge difference in DX10 and 10.1. DX10 is good, my 7900gs is puts out some really nice graphics, its getting to the point, where how much more can I want? Graphics are nice, sound doesnt get any better now, physics are improoving tho. But there isnt a huge amount more too do.

Your cards doesn't support DX10's features. Anyway, I hear what your saying. well, I look forward to the X3xx series from the renamed ATI when it happens, or Nvidia's 9xxx series. Then people will actually get to play DX10 games, as well as probably having DX10.1 support.

its really not that hard to build in the support
only a little modification

its really not that hard to build in the support
only a little modification

If it wasnt that hard why didnt nvidia release a patch for the 7series to make them dx 10 as stuff like the 7900's are better than the low end 8series like 8400's etc

Ya I won't pretend to know the specifics of the whole DX10 and why its not updateable for 7 series cards etc. And why DX10.1 won't work on the current line up.

As most of you said the difference is probally going to be not much of anything between 10 and 10.1

Its quite possible when they designed DX10 they made it to complex programming wise and altered the programming of DX10.1 to make it more user friendly to designers.

I look forward to hearing more about this as it develops. Some of you nailed it though we only have DX10 demo's for the most part and they already have a replacement for them.

I just hope whatever gets built in 10.1 will still take advantage of 10.0 features.

I wonder if they will still keep launching new updates for the Direct X and people who are looking for ultimate performance spend so much on new cards which are compatible with the new upcoming versions.

Back
Top Bottom