Minneapolis bridge collapse

They typically use a wet slow speed circular saw.
but if what this guy says is correct then they where drilling . I dunno cos i don't work in construction and i wasn't there so i was just going of what i read
& noticed that for a while now maintenance crews have been drilling large holes right through the structure & you could see daylight through them, so who knows?, that could have been the case of this tragedy.

all that terrorist stuff is just way too far-fetched.
As muz said they would have definitely tried something bigger.
Or then they just screwed up really bad, since spending a huge amount of time and resources into blowing up a bridge and killing like what, 4 people? Riiight.
Doesn't sound like an ideal plan to me.

I could think of a 100 things which would require less planning & resources and would kill many times more people.

Well i dunno , i doubt this would be a terrorist atttack . Terrorist would pick a much bigger target than a bridge to cause much more death and destruction
Also they would have planted there explosives re opened the bridge and waited for all lanes to be full then blow it up .
Mind you in todays society you can never say never but i think if there was construction work being carried out then that could have caused damage .
Nobody thinks anything of vibrations but near some of my relatives house house there was a new bridge being built and the vibrations from that caused cracks to appear in walls so i think if they where drilling the vibrations could have caused further damage to the current damage that was there or could have caused some kind of damage to the structure
All lanes were full, anyway this morning, they admitted that there could be a fault with the gymbals that the bridge is mounted on, that allows it to "give" accordilng to the weight of the traffic on it at any one time, if this is so, it seems to me that it may be the prime cause.
They are now going to check some 7000 other bridges right across the whole of America, let's fervently hope that it's not a case of too little, too late.

Well i dunno , i doubt this would be a terrorist atttack . Terrorist would pick a much bigger target than a bridge

That bridge was part of Interstate I-35 you take that down, then we have a serious problem. Their was a group of men out their serving the bridge right before this happened.

IMO, if this was a terroist attack, they would have targeted the 'golden gate bridge in San Fransico in CA, or even the Brooklyn bridge in NYC.

IMO this is a terroist attack, how the hell a bridge in 2005 & 2006 was reffered to as 'safe' going to be down a year later? Also, I heard on the news they recieved a letter threating to blow up that same bridge.

Last time a bridge fell on its own in the states was in 1965 in virigina. 42 years later this one just falls out of the blue, I don't think so and Im not buying it for one second.

I saw the news this morning and they said the US had ruled out terrorism as a cause but I wouldn't put it past them considering some of the attempt attrocities we've seen in the UK recently

for some reason i think terrorists think the UK is more vulnerable. might be but i sure as hell dont want to find out :(

so.. what kinda chaos is america in right now since the bridge did get taken down?

90% of the country isnt affected. were much bigger(obvioulsy) so it affects a less % of the area of. ill be locked up in my house for a while playing CoH so wont matter for me but im sure 10000's of people of to travel much out of there way to get to work etc. :(

so.. what kinda chaos is america in right now since the bridge did get taken down?
Chaos exists right this minute, the wider overhead view shows a smaller, but still fairly major highway apparently north-west of this bridge, but with no access from the one the bridge is on for miles, is this correct?, meaning detours of around 50 - 80 miles I believe, plus tremendous tailbacks.

Yeah but terrorists are more intent on causing death and destruction than causing a few tailbacks

Yeah but terrorists are more intent on causing death and destruction than causing a few tailbacks
In that post, I was looking at the nuisance aspect only, not the likelyhood of terrorist attacks.

Regarding tailbacks, lives could be at risk, Fire Engines & Ambulances could be delayed.

Back
Top Bottom