Wireless networking HELP

cakeman6789

Beta member
Dell 1505 Wireless-N = My card

I was wondering since a wireless N card requires a N router of at least 5Ghz to acquire a wireless connection. Does this card make it more difficult to establish a wireless connection when i am other places(I.E. Picking up alternate networks) ??? away from my home or perhaps somewhere with only a wireless G router????

Sorry I can't help you with this but maybe if you post in the Networking/DNS section you would get better help.

it should be backwards compatible (most are) so it should work with N,G and possibly B and A routers
for example my card is a 3945ABG, and obviously its compatible with A,B and G routers, and they all work just as well.

i wouldnt worry

I believe N cards are backwards compatible. It should work with B and G routers. the only difference is you won't get the signal strength or speed that you would with an N router.

I believe N cards are backwards compatible. It should work with B and G routers. the only difference is you won't get the signal strength or speed that you would with an N router.

What he said. Also, if you do have a wireless N router, and you desicde to connect a wireless G device to it, all wireless devices on that network will run at the wireless G speeds.

Back
Top Bottom