A Present for My 14 Year old Brother.

This looks like exactly what you want:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889112004

Sceptre is a decent brand, that's a great price for the size, and it's got all the inputs he'll ever need.

It's got both DVI or VGA for the computer, cable inputs or component in case you have an HDTV cable/satellite box to hook up to it, and composite for the PS2. Not to mention decent integrated speakers that look alright.

This looks like a great deal!!!, but like bullzi sad I think this will just be 2 big for him, 27"!!!...I mean this thing will have to be on his desk, and theere is really no other way for him to move back from it, coz he wount be able to use kebord/mice...etc....so i dunno.

Yeah, well the only thing I was thinking is that for watching TV, you'd want a slightly bigger one. I have a 22" monitor, and from more than 5 feet away it's a bit hard to see.

hey zero one thing you might want to keep in mind is how far away he is going to be sitting, i have a 109" in my basement, and if i sit too close playing xbox i cant play the game because i cant look around that fast, the same applies to pc, if you have too big of a monitor and your too close you simply cant see everything at once, just food for thought :) great idea, im sure he'll love it!
holy s**t. i hope that 109" is a typo, ... it is isnt it? ... (if it isnt im coming to live with you)

hey zero one thing you might want to keep in mind is how far away he is going to be sitting, i have a 109" in my basement, and if i sit too close playing xbox i cant play the game because i cant look around that fast, the same applies to pc, if you have too big of a monitor and your too close you simply cant see everything at once, just food for thought :) great idea, im sure he'll love it!

ya i hear you, but i dont think i have to worry about that coz like i sad his room is really small so his bed will be prob like 4-5 feet away from the tv. :D

Off Topic:

After looking at both the TV's the Samsung
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889102122
and Sceptre
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889112004

How well do u guys think both of this TV will handle PC game play? I am looking to buy a PC monitor for my self a new PC Monitor and I was almost set to buy the Samsung 226BW
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001096

but after looking at this TV;s, i started to think maybe i should get one for my self as well, because it has so many connections and I think it will be really future proof, but I primarily be using it to play games, not movies. I know that Samsung TV has a 8ms respond time so ghosting is out of the question, but what else do I need to pay attention to? What would u guys suggest to get for my self? A TV? like I will get for my bro,(ether Scepter or Samsung) or 226BW samsung?

It's probably just a big projection screen...I'd take my 50" Plasma over that any day.

That one looks good then, Samsungs are pretty nice.

The 226BW is a nice monitor. I'd get that instead of a TV, much better resolution, so the picture quality will be much higher.

holy s**t. i hope that 109" is a typo, ... it is isnt it? ... (if it isnt im coming to live with you)

lol nope, its a 109" projection setup with 7.1 THX surround sound, and get this... the whole setup including screen, projector, speakers and receiver were cheaper than one big lcd or plasma tv, oh and the HD dish included in that :D

lol nope, its a 109" projection setup with 7.1 THX surround sound, and get this... the whole setup including screen, projector, speakers and receiver were cheaper than one big lcd or plasma tv, oh and the HD dish included in that :D
Doubt that, unless it's terrible quality. You can get a 50" plasma for under $1,500. Maybe if you spent $500 for a projector, $50 per speaker, $200 for a screen, and $100 for a receiver. But there would be some seriously crappy parts in there, not even worth the money...

my dads friend has a 120 inch screen in his basement with an HD projector and it has 1080p native resolution so i just LOVE going there :)

looks like im coming to live with you then :p
...is projection really as good as a lcd though?

Back
Top Bottom