A Present for My 14 Year old Brother.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
My younger brother's birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and my friend suggested a great gift for him, but I need to make sure that its going to work, so here it is.

I want to buy my brother an LCD TV, but the goal is to make sure he can use that monitor to watch TV, connect his PC to it so he can play games and connect his PS2. Now my brother's room is very small so all he need to do when he finishes playing PC is just to turn it to the right and he can easily watch TV from his bed.

Now the size that I have in mind maybe around 24'' not sure et…
Will he be able to play his PC games normally on an LCD TV? How will this effect his game play?

I need the TV to have all the proper connections so he can plug in all this 3 things, and just use his remove to switch from one to another. And I am guessing that I will need some kind of a stand, so that the TV can be placed on his desk like a PC.

Price range is probably $600 max. Can someone help me to find the right LCD TV please that will meet all this criteria's.

Thanks.

This looks like exactly what you want:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889112004

Sceptre is a decent brand, that's a great price for the size, and it's got all the inputs he'll ever need.

It's got both DVI or VGA for the computer, cable inputs or component in case you have an HDTV cable/satellite box to hook up to it, and composite for the PS2. Not to mention decent integrated speakers that look alright.

hey zero one thing you might want to keep in mind is how far away he is going to be sitting, i have a 109" in my basement, and if i sit too close playing xbox i cant play the game because i cant look around that fast, the same applies to pc, if you have too big of a monitor and your too close you simply cant see everything at once, just food for thought :) great idea, im sure he'll love it!

The Sceptre has the same response time. It's a ton cheaper, and it's bigger. He doesn't need all those inputs, it's a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom