Recommended free spyware remover?

adaware and spybot arent really that great anymore. adaware 2007 beta is really good thoguh. windows defender is very good. and u should get superantispyware for free. awesome.

I personally use Spy-Bot, as it has a really good systems protector too, called Tea-Timer, that protects changes in the registry.

It can get annoying when you are installing something, and it keeps asking you wheather you want to accept the change to teh registry, but you just have to remember to switch the program off while installing programs/games.

The only downside to Spy-Bot is the speed at which it runs, but, with the amount of spyware now, it doesn't seem too bad.

On my machine which is a 3500+, it takes around 6 or so minutes to do a complete scan.

I downloaded Windows Defender and that seemed to catch the problem. Thank you very much.

if spywarebanisher doesnt know then i guess your screwed.
i recommend spybot and adaware.
they used to pick up loads of stuff back in the day but now i look after my system and they just remove cookies and stuff, but both work well

I like ad aware, AVG anti-spyware, and spybot. Windows Defender is also good if you want free realtime protection, it's also great if paired with spybot.

The free adaware doesn't do any good any more. It hasn't caught anything the last few times I tried it, then right after, I ran spybot and it caught several. I've uninstalled adaware a long time ago. The one you pay for might be good though. I need to try out the other suggested programs on this thread also.

if spywarebanisher doesnt know then i guess your screwed.
i recommend spybot and adaware.
they used to pick up loads of stuff back in the day but now i look after my system and they just remove cookies and stuff, but both work well

:) wats that supposed to mean?

Adaware caused problems for me a while back, and haven't got back to it since.
It doesn't seem to like NTL (Now Virgin) Internet connections, and I ended up having to revert to old settings, because it completly got rid of the service.

Back
Top Bottom