Minneapolis bridge collapse

yeah, over 100,000 cars a day, there were 2 school buses on it. both escaped, and about 50 cars went into the water. no word yet on how it collapsed, but there was non structural construction on it, closing both sides down to 1 lane, which probably saved some lives. oh, and there are news videos on youtube.
Non-structural construction?, how about the large holes being drilled through the floor of the bridge?, this from a guy who lived right next to it & passed under it every day.

Ya, but holes don't have to affect the structure, those holes went through the pavement that bridge was held up by one giant steel beam so that no supports would be needed when it was built in 1967. Remember it also could have been a terrorist attack you never know in todays society.

yeah, ive heard on my local news and this mornings Today Show that there was some minor structural damage, but not enough to cause concern until 2020... they were obviously wrong, look what happened...

My heartfelt compassion and sympathy to those involved in the collapse. I hope that everything goes well for the families that were torn by this tragedy, and that the survivors have a quick and full recovery.

If I was the owner of the construction site working on the bridge I would be sweating a bit , we are only hearing the beginning of the story, but if they have been causing alot of vibration or disturbed some of the foundations of the bridge then they will be held countable, I would like to think its just a coincidence and may be it is but from first glance it looks very suspicious.

I expect members remember how El Qaieda were suspected of using mature medical students for their cause against the west by sending them to train as hospital doctors, resulting in the arrest of several under the anti-terrorism act, what if, & it's a big if, they did the same with a group of construction/repair trainees, follow my drift?, far-fetched?, I wonder, I for one wouldn't put anything past this bunch of fanatics!!

I expect members remember how El Qaieda were suspected of using mature medical students for their cause against the west by sending them to train as hospital doctors, resulting in the arrest of several under the anti-terrorism act, what if, & it's a big if, they did the same with a group of construction/repair trainees, follow my drift?, far-fetched?, I wonder, I for one wouldn't put anything past this bunch of fanatics!!

Its an interesting theory,and I only hope it does not turn out that way because the last thing anybody wants is those fascist extremist to surface again, they have already done far to much damage without claiming this disaster.

I saw the news this morning and they said the US had ruled out terrorism as a cause but I wouldn't put it past them considering some of the attempt attrocities we've seen in the UK recently

Well i dunno , i doubt this would be a terrorist atttack . Terrorist would pick a much bigger target than a bridge to cause much more death and destruction
Also they would have planted there explosives re opened the bridge and waited for all lanes to be full then blow it up .
Mind you in todays society you can never say never but i think if there was construction work being carried out then that could have caused damage .
Nobody thinks anything of vibrations but near some of my relatives house house there was a new bridge being built and the vibrations from that caused cracks to appear in walls so i think if they where drilling the vibrations could have caused further damage to the current damage that was there or could have caused some kind of damage to the structure

Well i dunno , i doubt this would be a terrorist atttack . Terrorist would pick a much bigger target than a bridge to cause much more death and destruction
Also they would have planted there explosives re opened the bridge and waited for all lanes to be full then blow it up .
Mind you in todays society you can never say never but i think if there was construction work being carried out then that could have caused damage .
Nobody thinks anything of vibrations but near some of my relatives house house there was a new bridge being built and the vibrations from that caused cracks to appear in walls so i think if they where drilling the vibrations could have caused further damage to the current damage that was there or could have caused some kind of damage to the structure

They typically use a wet slow speed circular saw.

Back
Top Bottom