Microsoft Announces DirectX 10.1!

Not that i'm aware of. If he has a 6 series card its very possible the default microsoft driver gave him a 2.4 score. Then when he installed the actual drivers it turned the score up to 2.6

As for you Rudster don't worry your card will score both 5.9's in graphics.

im going to download 3Dmark 06 right now so me and you can compare results. we will have similar rigs now :) does having a C2D make the difference?
i will be able to run these benches as well
Company of Heros time demo
COD2
Rainbow Six Vegas

EDIT:
hopefully 1GB ram wont hold me back too much. also im praying that my new sticks will be able to run at the same speed

What about the 8900 series cards will they have direct X 10.1 or will they still be direct X 10.0 . And i kind of sucks for all the people that went out and bought 8series cards right now . Also cant Nvidia release some kind of firmware update or a patch

im going to download 3Dmark 06 right now so me and you can compare results. we will have similar rigs now :) does having a C2D make the difference?
i will be able to run these benches as well
Company of Heros time demo
COD2
Rainbow Six Vegas

EDIT:
hopefully 1GB ram wont hold me back too much. also im praying that my new sticks will be able to run at the same speed

I don't have any of those games. Will you be running Vista or XP. I doubt 1gig will hold you back as long as you have available ram. Remember before I got my G.Skill I was running only 1 gig of the OCZ and after my upgrade with the same clock my 3dMark06 score was not affected by 3 gigs more ram. Or in XP's case 1.75gb more ram.

What about the 8900 series cards will they have direct X 10.1 or will they still be direct X 10.0 . And i kind of sucks for all the people that went out and bought 8series cards right now . Also cant Nvidia release some kind of firmware update or a patch

I'm not sure about the second generation cards. As far as I know probally not. It basically on the same principle like say you have a DX9 card you can't just download something and make it DX10. It has to be made for it.

Hmm...great, my build is even more hampered than I thought.
Go with a next generation CPU, with 1333mhz, yet, the graphics core that I just gave it, will be out in a month or so...
That sucks, because I wouldn't use Direct X 10 for a while yet, and would want a card that supported it for a good while with good specs...

Damn!...

Personally, I want to wait and see microsoft or someone from Nvidia/ATI saying the current cards would not work with that. I think that's just bull to be honest.

I wouldn't say denial yet, I just want proof before I get all ticked off. Then comes the denial:D

wtf... dx10 games have barely come out yet and theeres gonna be a new version that doesnt work with the 8000s. great.

Back
Top Bottom