Quake 4

kchi55

Fully Optimized
Has anyone here played Quake 4 before? Me and my friends are planning on buying this so I just wanted to get some last minute criticism before I buy the game, I mean online reviews are nice but some times they don't reflect what a gamer really wants.
Thanks in adv. kchi55

You know when you get a game and it's so good you basically forget to eat and sleep because you play it constantly? That's what Quake4 was for me, i got it about a year ago (and played it on a pretty average system) and thought it was brilliant.

However, apparently it's crap for the XBOX360 (i assume you're getting it on a PC though) and i've not played the online modes but not heard great things about them, considering the Quake series have always been quite multiplayer orientated (i think) that's not that good, but the single player was awesome.

As far as i know, the project was headed by the same chap who made Doom3, which i also really enjoyed. This game is a very similar style but i thought the AI was better than Doom3, which, i don't know if you've played it, but i thought was pretty poor for such an amazing looking game. The enviroments/enemies are also similar to Doom3 and i prefered the Weapons on Quake4. It's not the longest game in the world though.

Anyway, i'm not a serious PC gamer so there'll be people out there who'll have far more refined opinions than me. Still, i've been playing games on different platforms since the NES and this was by no means dissapointing.

You could always download a demo, i'm sure there's one about.

Oh well, that's good news for me, I'm always more of a Single Player kinda guy when it comes to FPS, but multiplayer is really important for my friends and it's important for me too. Yeah, I am getting it on the PC, but if they have all these competitions for Quake with people like Fatal1ty coming out, I guess it should be alright. Thanks for the info though.

I don't think the multiplayer is that bad, i just heard it dissapointed a lot of die-hard Quake Arena (was that the multiplayer game?) fans. Still, to be honest i can't see the point in playing things like Quake4 and Doom3 online with Valve's offerings and things like BF2.

But yeah, it's pretty cheap on the PC now so at least get it for the single player, i'll be suprised if you're disapointed.

Back
Top Bottom