Just got sky+

blackjack

Fully Optimized
Ive jut upgraded to SKY+ as my sky went up the swany and I think its pretty cool, I can now watch a program in sky while recording 2 other sky channels now thats impressive, It ill store up to 40 hours of programs on its built in HD.
Most of all I like the fact that if your watching a program even live programs you can just press pause and it will automatically record it for you so when you come back nd press play it will carry on from where you left it. :cool:

Most DVD recorders with hard drives allow you to do this also, but, not many allow you to record 2 at once while watching another.
Ours for instance, only has 1 tuner, making this impossible.

So the Sky + box has 3 built in tuners?

Most DVD recorders with hard drives allow you to do this also, but, not many allow you to record 2 at once while watching another.
Ours for instance, only has 1 tuner, making this impossible.

So the Sky + box has 3 built in tuners?

Yes it must do, it took me by surprise as well as when they came to install it, it has another Ariel thats what allows you to watch and record separate channels. They had to rig one up over the roof and they change the cap bit (LNB) on the end of the arm of your dish.

OH and it has two built in hdds.

Thats not bad..
I have Virgin Media though which runs off cable, so its not as easy for them to create a box that has seperate recording features...

The only way we could get the same features would be to get a DVD recorder, with 2 tuners, capable of recording 1 from the Virgin Media box, and 1 from the freeview tuner that some provide.

Still, no where near as good.

Well it cost £99 for the new digital receiver box an £30 for installation. rang up sky on Sunday to say sky had packed up and asked for the upgrade, it only took 4 days for them to come so thats pretty good,

???? are u sure i got a SKY + box and it only has 2 recievers,

so u can record 2 channels at once but u have to be watching 1 of them channels,

???? are u sure i got a SKY + box and it only has 2 recievers,

so u can record 2 channels at once but u have to be watching 1 of them channels,

Yes it does only have two receivers but if you look in the manual it says you can record up to 2 channels at the same time. its because it has two hdd.

What he means is, that he has to be watching one channel while recording another, and can't as you suggested, watch a completly different channel, while recording 2 other channels you are not watching.

What he means is, that he has to be watching one channel while recording another, and can't as you suggested, watch a completly different channel, while recording 2 other channels you are not watching.

yh thats what he said dint he, he implied it had 3 recievers,

ok i know wot i ment lol

Page 23 SKY+ MANUAL. It says "You can record up to TWO programmes at the same time on your SKY+ box " but " you need a SKY+ subscription to record programmes"

I may have got the watching a 3rd channel as well wrong, I have not tested it yet.

Back
Top Bottom