The Truth About p2p file sharing

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
File-Sharing Revealed​
P2P file sharing has become a staple in interenet sharing. I have done some research and figured out why its not shutdown and how it CAN be beneficial to some. Most people use P2P clients such as limewire, bearshare, kazaa, morpheus, etc. to illegally download music, movies, games, and software. However file sharing IS LEGAL as long as the files are not copyright protected. MOST/ALL types of media are copyrighted making it ILLEGAL to download. Its done everyday and rarely someone gets caught, and until someone does, people continue their ways.

Non-copyrighted material transfered over a network is perfectly legal. Like music you create that isnt copyrighted, or certain documents, or movies as youtube does.

People think that if you pay monthly or annually, your safe.....your NOT!
What you are paying for is the 'turbocharged download speeds' , 'more files on network' , 'exclusive emails' blah blah blah, but your only paying for the clients product and NOT legality. so the only way to legally get stuff is itunes, amazon, or other places that sell copyrighted things with the artists or company's consent.

Thanks!

if im going to pay for music then i would do it via itunes or something. why would i go threw a P2P network?

also the goverment dosent care about peopling downloading 1 or 2 songs a day. to take someone to court over 100$ worth of songs isnt cost effecive. only people who upload 1000's of songs via torrents will be busted if there caught.

That was another thing i was gonna touch on was torrents, Ive been using limewire and torrents and then realized the potential of it all..yea ur right, they arent gonna take u to court for minor offenses, but people who download alot are the ppl who are under suspicion.thanks for that add

Yeah the government dosent care if you are doing a few songs a day and just using them for personal use cos its ineffective to pursue every person doing that and taking them to court would cos more than the value of the music but if people are doing like 50albums a day and burning them to CD and selling them the the government cares cos they are making money from it and probably evading the tax as they get cash in hand

I highly doubt the government will ever sue anyone.. why would they? It's the companies or someone else who loses money when people don't pay for the product.

And don't think "if I download only a few songs every now and then I won't get caught" or "if I get caught nothing will happen". Earlier this year one torrent tracker was busted and some members were caught and they had to pay the companies whose products they stole. Something like 3 of those members had only downloaded&uploaded around 10gb. Which is very little, but they still had to pay a decent sum of money.

At the end of the day most of us who use P2P know the risks involved you just have to be sensible with it.

you get a lot of warnings however if you get caught. when i was like 16 or so i downloaded movies all the time before i had a job. and i got warning letters from charter all the time. but nothing ever happened.

really? u got letters and nothing happend? wow, i'd be freaking out.. but yea its safe to an extent if u only use p2p resources in a small scale u just gotta watch out, im not against it, u just gotta be careful wat u do on there

The only people I know who have had like the FBI email warnings are those who have downloaded movies them kept them on their computer to seed them.

Can someone explain the difference between using torrents and a P2P file sharing program such as Limewire? (In terms of the software, not legal stuff as they both are for copywritten material obviously).

I just hear a great deal about P2P programs ruining PCs.

Back
Top Bottom