New PSP

The new PSP IMHO isn't changed enough from the old one. Cosmetically it's just thinner as far as I can see, and that's it. They could've made it thinner and better looking by making the UMD drive slot loading like an SD slot.
... or just remove the umd slot. memory cards are where its at. they are small and reliable, especially since umd videos have failed badly theres no reason to keep the umd

I agree. The UMD format is hopeless. They should just stick with using the Memory Duo or some form of proprietary cartridge like the DS uses.

It would also make the PSP a bit thinner and weigh less.

and the psp can support pro duo's of 4gb+, which is slightly under the size of a dvd, and on a dvd you can fit a game like san andreas. just imagine what they could put on a 4gb pro duo. especially with the prices dropping rapidly i dont see why they cant sell games this way.
oh and the loading times are so much faster

... or just remove the umd slot. memory cards are where its at. they are small and reliable, especially since umd videos have failed badly theres no reason to keep the umd

It would be great but Sony would never do it because people would be really angry that they couldn't play their UMD games on a new PSP, and it would be much easier to run homebrew and pirated games if the same card was used on a PSP as a computer. (Not that I'm complaining ;) )

and the psp can support pro duo's of 4gb+, which is slightly under the size of a dvd, and on a dvd you can fit a game like san andreas. just imagine what they could put on a 4gb pro duo. especially with the prices dropping rapidly i dont see why they cant sell games this way.
oh and the loading times are so much faster

Even with prices dropping, flash memory is still an expensive way to store data. That's why optical formats have flourished for so long.

yea but they could get away charging £40 for a game if it was on a pro duo and had a lot more content. £30-£40 for a umd now is p*ss poor

Back
Top Bottom