How would you guys react?

i think i would have thanked them, people get pissed off about security, yet they get pissed off at the government when stuff like 9-11 happens, do you see the irony? i guess i have a little more understanding since my dad's a vet and he's told me tons of stuff, but still, they are doing their job to keep us safe, dont get pissed, but i agree with what you did unlike the other people getting po'ed about it :)

Yup, big time. All the time I hear people saying "Bush isn't doing enough to keep us safe since 9/11" yet I bet they are the ones who complain about almost missing their flight because of something suspicious in their bag. Well, leave like 10 minutes earlier than you did, and you'll realize that Bush actually did something right (with some help of course)!

i would have. better safe than sorry. my brother(who is always full of crap so its probably a lie) was telling be how google is in court because they bought another ad agency and people say they have "too much power"...yep its a lie rofl. he was like they know everything about you, your searches, your ip, your cookies and the FBI can get it without you knowing. my reaction was "if the FBI needs that information to aid them then id give it to them anyways" then he is like but they can see anything you do on the internet, "all i do right now is googly eye at my newegg order :p, talk to my buddies at CF, and watch videos." IMO dont do something you wouldnt want the goverment to know about thats my philosophy because you can hardly hide crap from them. also they could care less if i download a song every week.

I don't mind. I have had to power on my own laptop a couple of times. Plus I do that to check to make sure the hard drive didn't get wiped. :rolleyes:

I always get search going through airport security.

on one trip i was stopped a total of 3 times

twice in dover on the way to france, and stopped again on the way back.
thankfully I've never had and 'rubber gloved treatments'

bags searched on the way back from Jamaica, and amsterdamn, stopped other times whilst going to france.

reacting badly is just silly. at the end of the day the people who stop and search you are onlt doing their job.

Customs is f**king ridiculous. Between my dad and I, we got a laptop, PDA, both our cell phones, and my glasses stolen on the way back from the Dominican Republic.
They told us not to carry on any electronics with dead batteries because they would be taken, and we ended up getting everything stolen anyway. The effing plane company didn't even pay for the stuff.

And guess what, the 50 cigars I had in my bag that I never checked with customs got through completely unnoticed.

Customs is f**king ridiculous. Between my dad and I, we got a laptop, PDA, both our cell phones, and my glasses stolen on the way back from the Dominican Republic.
They told us not to carry on any electronics with dead batteries because they would be taken, and we ended up getting everything stolen anyway. The effing plane company didn't even pay for the stuff.

And guess what, the 50 cigars I had in my bag that I never checked with customs got through completely unnoticed.

Thats what holiday insurance is for.....

Back
Top Bottom