Wireless Internet Cutting in and out

I tried reseting my router and it still didn't work. I still get the same error message.

"windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of avaiable networks, and try to connect again"

I know that the wireless adapter is finding the right network cause when I change the network name it will come up on the computer with the wireless adapter

Okay just an update. Last night i put the two computers right beside each other so the router and wireless adapter were about 3 inches away and when i searched for wirless networks sometimes it would come up with nothing in range. When it did come up with something i still got the same error message. I also tried all the different ssid channels.

I have spent at least a good 6 hours trying to fix this, so anyone who helps/tries to help willl get rep. I am starting to think that my wireless adapter crapped out. What do you guys think?

I think we will have to start from scratch, what brand of router have you got?, if we can get your desktop online then we halfway there.

I have your router instructions in front of me, connect the router up then go to your router and open it up and we will go through the settings.

Open you web browser at http://192.168.0.1

Put your username and password in or ADMIN AND LEAVE PASSWORD BLANK if you have reset your router.

Yeah i know how to work the router and set everything up. It is the wireless adapter that is giving me problems. Okay computer A which i am on right now is fine, it has the modem and router. Computer B which has the wirless adapter is the one giving me problems and not connecting.

Ok so your desktop working good so your routers fine that much we know, you have set up WEP and have your encrypion key and net work name.

Ok so your desktop working good so your routers fine that much we know, you have set up WEP and have your encrypion key and net work name.

Yep all of that stuff is set up. Thats what is weird the wireless adapter out of the blue just stopped working.

Alright i finally got this thing fixed. Turns out it was a faulty wireless adapter like i expected. Got a new one (and warranty) and everything works like before if not faster. Thanks for help guys, Rep for all!!!

Back
Top Bottom