Birds Of Prey

We have eagles as our school mascot, they fly around the stadium at the beginning of each football game.
Cool pics.

All these birds except a couple where on desplay in yorkshire but you can find them in and around north yokshire and cumbria as there are a few birds of prey centers around, The harris hawk is from South America, periguine falcons are British, Kestrels you will find in the moors or on the coast,I am quite lucky as I see them quite regulary, barn owls are now a endangered species and are drastickly on the decline due to the continuing destruction of the countryside and hedgerows, I live near a nature reserve that has 2 of these beautiful owls, Golden Eagles you will only find in the far north in the highlands of scotland.
The periguine falcon is the fastest british bird reaching speeds upto 200mph in seconds now thats fast!!!.

Very cool. One time when I lived in Idaho we were camping, and we saw a bald eagle dive toward the river and catch a fish. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Very cool. One time when I lived in Idaho we were camping, and we saw a bald eagle dive toward the river and catch a fish. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Its is awsome to see a bird of prey feed, the harris hawk in the picture is called Bob and you will see him at Centre parks (Oasis) Penrith, he is on show in the Hawk walk which I myself have done 3 times now, this year I too saw the Hawk change direction and dive into the hedgerow at the edge of the woods, when we raced over to see it, it had caught a mouse, what was more amazing was the way it used its wings to cover/shield the mouse so we could not take it.

Very nice! I went to the http://www.hawk-conservancy.org/ recently and saw some peregine falcons flying which was very cool

I too saw a peregrine falcon fly at Sledmere house(Yorkshire) they are truly amazing, the thing with them and most birds of prey that are hand reared to train they are not fed to much especially peregrine falcons otherwise they land on a tree or roof, pole whatever and stay there because they only fly when hunting.

Back
Top Bottom