Please Help!!!

whiiterabbitt

Beta member
I have a Dell Insperion 1200 laptop, running Windows XP. I also have a Compaq Presario desktop, running Windows Vista. The Desktop is my main computer. I have just aquired the laptop this weekend. My problem is that I dont know how to hook the laptop up to the desktop so i can acsess files and the internet. my internet connection is a broadband cable modem, if that helps. Please Help Me!!!!!

A Router is a box that channels traffic to your local network, you have a adsl cable modem OK but that will only allow you to connect one computer to the INTERNET, a Router will run off wireless and allow multiple computers to feed off it. look here http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101435.asp, that should give you a better understanding, your laptop will already have a wireless card in so all you need to do is check your computer to see if it has wireless set up on it and if it has then you buy a router and set up a network for your laptop to feed off. IF your computer(desktop) has not got wireless then you will have to install a wireless lan card.

Back
Top Bottom