Just finished my new rig!!

Awesome the 8800 freaking awesome card

when i game its going to laugh. i only have a 15" monitor so i can only play at 1280x960 and thats with ever think really tiny.

i want to buy a 19' LCD soon though. but i burned a serious hole in my pocket with that card though;) but i did get a good deal on the combo with the 650 watt rosewill PSU. :D

Since I am now out of money i will have to use the integrated intel GMA 3000 just until I get more money. but it will still run the games at lower resolutions.

I don't see the point in playing in realyl high resoloutions anyway. I have a 17 inch monitor and its fine, with a maximum res of 1280x1024. It means, if I got a card like that, I could run at full detail settings, without having to compromise due to the native res being too high.

im just a little worried cuz i don't think the hs came with a thermal pad. are they usually included?

Yeah if you have a retail heatsink, usually the pad is right on it. It's easy to check to see if its on.

NIce rig . much better than the old athlon xp by far .
also if it was a reatil boxed processor it should have a thermal pad on the bottom of the heatsink . Just keep an eye on your temps see what they are at

I have a little problem my 2nd hard drive which is hooked up to a promise ide controller card will not detect, is there any place I can get vista drivers for it or make it work some other way?

Back
Top Bottom