7/30 21:31:16 Failed: MySQL server has gone away
7/30 21:31:47 Failed: MySQL server has gone away
7/30 21:32:18 Connected to Database Successfully
7/30 21:33:41 Connected to Database Successfully
7/30 21:34:11 Connected to Database Successfully
7/30 21:34:41 Connected to Database Successfully
7/30 21:35:11 Connected to Database Successfully
7/30 21:35:41 Connected to Database Successfully

Yeah thats what I did, otherwise the errors would last alot longer than 1 minute!

I'm just wondering if you have tried moving the database to a new server. I have a win2k3 server that I can make internet visible, and you could throw mySQL + PHP + Apache on their and see if it's the database or software.

DB's at 3.22pm BST today, logged on about 5 minutes ago, [I had chores to do] so I don't know when it came back.

I agree with DJ-CHRIS as I was reading this thread while I was banned and could see David Lindon talkign about how hed tried reinstalling vbulletin apache mysql etc and didn't manage to get rid of the porblem permanently.

I would also say that its looking mroe and more like a server fau;t. Not just the database errors but the white screen errors which Ive seen and a straight off connection reset in firefox indiciating a fullon server crash. Mysql can crash for numerous reasons like a dodgy sql query but its designed to restart automatically natifvely under Linux although I dont know about other platforms. I very much doubt that theres any problem with your database integrity because you would have been having deep rooted problems for years if that was the case.

Can I ask w hat the server specs are i.e. operating system & ram etc. Is it your own homebuild that youve sent off to a datacentre or are you hosting from home? Or does it belong to your hosting company? (who are the hosting company), and is it shared or dedicated?

If it was my own server I would try looking in more detail at the other processes and services/daemons running and check their ram/cpu usage and stability and if nothing comes up try doing a reinstall of your operating system. You never know it might help and wont take too long in the grand scheme of things.

I agree with DJ-CHRIS as I was reading this thread while I was banned and could see David Lindon talkign about how hed tried reinstalling vbulletin apache mysql etc and didn't manage to get rid of the porblem permanently.

I would also say that its looking mroe and more like a server fau;t. Not just the database errors but the white screen errors which Ive seen and a straight off connection reset in firefox indiciating a fullon server crash. Mysql can crash for numerous reasons like a dodgy sql query but its designed to restart automatically natifvely under Linux although I dont know about other platforms. I very much doubt that theres any problem with your database integrity because you would have been having deep rooted problems for years if that was the case.

Can I ask w hat the server specs are i.e. operating system & ram etc. Is it your own homebuild that youve sent off to a datacentre or are you hosting from home? Or does it belong to your hosting company? (who are the hosting company), and is it shared or dedicated?

If it was my own server I would try looking in more detail at the other processes and services/daemons running and check their ram/cpu usage and stability and if nothing comes up try doing a reinstall of your operating system. You never know it might help and wont take too long in the grand scheme of things.

Its a dedicated P4 2.8GHz, 1.5GB Ram, Sata drives etc and its owned by the datacenter (www.layeredtech.com)

And are the hosting company aware of any of the problems you are having

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom