Double power supplies

Learz

Beta member
Hello there!
I am here on behalf of a friend.

My friend is looking for a new computer case, but he needs one that can hold 2 (two) power supplies.

He has located one case (I believe it is teh CoolerMaster Stacker STC-T01-UW http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119042 ) that can hold 2 power supplies inside it.

This is the second important thing... many cases have the room inside that can hold both power supplies, but my friend wants a case that is designed to hold 2 power supplies.

Lastly, optional things that would be nice with the case:
roughly in the $200 range
Effecient cooling (preferably 120mm fans)
Roomy, as my friend is a DIY kind of person and likes to build and upgrade his comps.

Any help/information/advice/tips/ideas/jokes/thoughts would be appreciated!
:)

Welcome to CF, I hope you plan on sticking around awhile... :p

by the way, i have never heard of a computer having two power supplies...but i suppose they can be modded to accomidate the two.

Hello there!
I am here on behalf of a friend.

My friend is looking for a new computer case, but he needs one that can hold 2 (two) power supplies.

He has located one case (I believe it is teh CoolerMaster Stacker STC-T01-UW http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119042 ) that can hold 2 power supplies inside it.

This is the second important thing... many cases have the room inside that can hold both power supplies, but my friend wants a case that is designed to hold 2 power supplies.

Lastly, optional things that would be nice with the case:
roughly in the $200 range
Effecient cooling (preferably 120mm fans)
Roomy, as my friend is a DIY kind of person and likes to build and upgrade his comps.

Any help/information/advice/tips/ideas/jokes/thoughts would be appreciated!
:)

You should look at server based chassis which properly incorporate 2 PSU's. It's a terrible thing to do to a desktop computer electrically.

i have to ask, if you dont mind, what does he need 2 PSU's for?

does he need 2 because he has small ones (350W or less) and wants do divide the work evenly, or he just needs massive amounts of power?

if he needs massive ammounts of power, he can always pick up a 1kw (1000w) or higher PSU from here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1131428171+1233114182+1295418939&name=20+4Pin

as for the case, a server chassis would be the best. i don't think a regular tower can hold 2 unless you mod it somehow (drill a hole there, build a small plastic box here, that sort of thing)

I'm not too "techie", but I'll try to describe it.
He uses 2 graphics cards (I think) regularly, and needs to keep switching between them quite a bit.
However, for some reason, each graphics card needs its own power supply. He figured that it would be easier to buy 2 PSU's and give each graphics card its own dedicated power supply (instead of having to keep switching the cables back and forth).
Right now he has 1 PSU inside, and 1 on the top of his case, with the side open and cables running in and out and all over :D

He was looking for a new case, and decided that it would be alot easier to find a case that could hold 2 power supplies, because it would be alot less messy and dusty.

But I'll check out the server chassis! :)

I'm not too "techie", but I'll try to describe it.
He uses 2 graphics cards (I think) regularly, and needs to keep switching between them quite a bit.
However, for some reason, each graphics card needs its own power supply. He figured that it would be easier to buy 2 PSU's and give each graphics card its own dedicated power supply (instead of having to keep switching the cables back and forth).
Right now he has 1 PSU inside, and 1 on the top of his case, with the side open and cables running in and out and all over :D

He was looking for a new case, and decided that it would be alot easier to find a case that could hold 2 power supplies, because it would be alot less messy and dusty.

But I'll check out the server chassis! :)

but wouldnt he have to turn both on at the same time to have each graphics card work whenever he wants?

Does each just need a 6 pin connector or something? you could easily accommodate for that, theres a lot of power supplies with two six pin connectors. My OCZ GameXstream for example.

Back
Top Bottom