How much hard drive space in your house

i dont really believe in backups. most of my stuff is just downloads i can re get off the net. i try to secure my stuff anyway, eg: look after my hard drives, keep stuff on different partitions etc. if its important work for 6th form i will store it usually in 2 or more places and ive never had a problem. well only a few times but that was my fault

i dont really believe in backups. most of my stuff is just downloads i can re get off the net. i try to secure my stuff anyway, eg: look after my hard drives, keep stuff on different partitions etc. if its important work for 6th form i will store it usually in 2 or more places and ive never had a problem. well only a few times but that was my fault
I dont actualy do a whole scale back up
when i was in high school all my work was kept both on my pendrive , then i did a backup onto my laptop daily then onto my desktop weekly and i kept a backup on the school server every now and then but trust me the school network was slow and loading about 500mb-900MB of data per 60 students didnt exactly work so we all used pendrives . especialy when they didnt run gigabit lan
The only other stuff i have now thats important is my parents ebay stuff which i back up onto Gmail drive seeing as it is only about 10-15 MB . and i back the turbo lister database up on to CD every now and then
Other than that music is redownloadeable from my I pod and stuff like LOST episodes are on DVD already and re downloadable

I dont actualy do a whole scale back up
when i was in high school all my work was kept both on my pendrive , then i did a backup onto my laptop daily then onto my desktop weekly and i kept a backup on the school server every now and then but trust me the school network was slow and loading about 500mb-900MB of data per 60 students didnt exactly work so we all used pendrives . especialy when they didnt run gigabit lan
The only other stuff i have now thats important is my parents ebay stuff which i back up onto Gmail drive seeing as it is only about 10-15 MB . and i back the turbo lister database up on to CD every now and then
Other than that music is redownloadeable from my I pod and stuff like LOST episodes are on DVD already and re downloadable

I backup my USB keys frequently onto the computers using a recursive backup.

Also a large portion of my stuff on my computer is non recoverable, mainly documents and such. New computer is having 500GB for OS + files, 500GB for recursive backup and 320GB for huge not very important files (Movies, tables)

I think back ups are a must, I have 4/5 image backups on DVD all with different programs on, I tend to make a new one every 3/4 months.
I also have most of my software on my external drive and on DVDs as well, it proved a life saver once when my motherboard disc obliterated in my CD ROM drive, had I not made a copy I would have been up sxxx street:)

lol i just dont have data thats valuable enough to be backed up, except some coursework. when i fcuked up one of my partitions badly i got over half the data back including the more important stuff so that just shows data can be recovered, offering me a safety net should something really valuable ever get deleted.

lol i just dont have data thats valuable enough to be backed up, except some coursework. when i fcuked up one of my partitions badly i got over half the data back including the more important stuff so that just shows data can be recovered, offering me a safety net should something really valuable ever get deleted.

My image back ups are my top priority as it saves me having to reinstall windows and all my software again, Its my gem so to speak.

O right , usualy if i torrent something like software or a game i put it on a cd and delte the torrent .

but you need to keep the file to seed it. :rolleyes:

I have
main desktop - 300gb
crappy server which doesn't really want to work (at least not yet) 40gb + 40gb

Back
Top Bottom