Hire an Attorney

0x0161

BSOD
Hello fellow members of computerforums.org

I was arrested on July 24, 2007 for something I didnt do and I need an attorney. What do you guys look for when *hiring* a criminal attorney? Their education (schools went to/degrees earned etc...)? Legal Experience? Professionalism?

Anyway, the state statue I violated carrys a few different 'penalties' and fines, and of course ----> imprisonment time.

since I got bonded out of jail, everyday since then, I have been getting attorney 'advertisements' in my mail (5 at a time at least) they of course, got it from the 'daily commit' or 'daily arrests sheet' by my local countys sheriff office of all new criminal arrests, and from that list they found out about my charge.

Problem is all the attorneys offer free 'consultation' so how do you know which one to pick? Money is kind of an issue but not really meaning if I have to spend a few bucks to stay out then I will. Also, I didnt qualify for a *public defender* so I have a couple choices represent myself or hire an attorney. What would you do? Represent yourself or hire an attorney?

All help is greatly appreciated
0x0161

IM being charged with

*Leave Scene Of Crash Invo/hit And Run*

* Leave Scene Of Crash Involve Damage To Property*

if the person would have been injured serious or not then it would have turned into a felony thank god it didnt.

Anyways, thats what Im being charged with. Long story short I *didnt hit the lady and run* she ran into me I get out at the next light checked out my car I had her bumper all on the side of my car I then walked over to her car checked out her damage their was no damage to her car during all this she never got out of the car not once to exchange any info but I got out of the car but she didnt.

after I dropped my daughter off at day care (she was in the car with me during this) I went home to get ready for work. 45 minutes later police are knocking at my door arresting me and taking me to jail. BTW, Their were NO witnesses, no police even present to even witness what happened, and last but least it's my word against hers

All help is greatly appreciated.

I was arrested by a retarded ass cop. Who was a rookie on the force. Meaning, I was falsely arrested,

well I'd just go with an attorney, most of them probably know their stuff pretty well.

As for which to pick.. well I wouldn't pick anyone who spams your email :D

From what you posted you did leave the scene. Not stopping right then but instead at the next light is leaving. Also you should have hung around untill the police arrived. The lady was most likely playing it safe not getting out. Never know who you might run in to. No pun intended. I'd get a traffic court lawyer and get ready to take some lumps in court.

seti is right. im sure you could ask a lawyer if thats leaving a scene and if they say yes than represent yourself plead guilty so you wont have to face prison time. just work out a deal with the prosecution. hiring a lawyer will cost you more money than to just pay the fines and you might end up paying BOTH if your unlucky.

From what you posted you did leave the scene. Not stopping right then but instead at the next light is leaving.

The only reason I didnt stop right their because i couldnt. Otherwise I would have been 'obstructing traffic' which I would have been citied for that aswell. So thats why. I didnt.

Also you should have hung around untill the police arrived.

Heres the deal When we both got stuck at the next traffic light I got out of my car to check the damage --> she never did. Her window was rolled down SHE DIDNT say anything to me about it whats so ever. She stayed in her car not even bothering to get out of the car to visibly check her car or mine or even to exchange insurance information. When I got out so should she but she didnt. She was just in a wreck with so called damage and she doesnt even get out of the car to check? Hmm, doesnt sound right to me.

Once I seen no damage to either vechicles I got in my car and left. If it was so bad and this and that, then why didnt the lady ever get out of her car to even check her vechile or to exchange info. Their was no road rage or anything like that so she cannot say she was scared or anything like that besides I had my 2 year old daughter in the car.

EVERY car accident i've been in from me or riding with someone else you always get out and ask if they are okay then you proceed with exchanging insurance information and wait for police to show up.

I'd get a traffic court lawyer and get ready to take some lumps in court.

Also, Curious, what do you mean by 'lumps' in court?

Your best bet would be to choose a few and go and talk to them. That way you can get a good idea of how they can help defend you and to see if you like any of them. Also you can ask around, you'd be surprised at how many people have experience with lawyers.

Back
Top Bottom