cdrom q's

supa_ru

Beta member
So I have a problem with my drive. It will read and recognize cdrom disks but will not recognize a blank disk in the drive. When I put a blank in it shows nothing in the drive. Burning program goes through the whole process, and says successful, but nothing on the disk. Also, windows media player will not recongize a blank disk in the drive as well as Nero.

Im un-computer savy, sorry if this is a dumb question.

1st of all there is no dumb questions on a computer forum, so what does devise manager say about your cd rom drive :

right click my computer / manage / if there is a yellow ! mark in there next to a hardware devise, then you have a problem or a driver problem.

-edit-

if you did'nt already...make sure to update your cd rom driver, and make sure you have the latest firmware installed. this will make sure your getting the most out of your drive.

this also goes for dvd drives as well...

Try updating the firmware of the drive from the manufacturers website, try a system restore and see if that fixes it. Try using a different burning software it could be you may need to repair the current one you are using.

Back
Top Bottom