DVD drive Probs

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I have a HP laptop, and I have had tons of spyware and such on it and I just want to re-install windows vista on it. I backed everything up on DVD's but the problem is,

2 days after backing everything up the DVD drive will not recognize any dvds. so I can not boot the vista DVD, or even start it in the XP.

P.S. ANY CD works just fine!

I have a HP laptop, and I have had tons of spyware and such on it and I just want to re-install windows vista on it. I backed everything up on DVD's but the problem is,

2 days after backing everything up the DVD drive will not recognize any dvds. so I can not boot the vista DVD, or even start it in the XP.

P.S. ANY CD works just fine!

The CD and DVD functions of a drive can be seperate, so it's completely plasuable for just the DVD part to break.

The drive seems broken, so you have to replace it.

Before you throw away your DVD drive, try a system restore first, My DVD drive packed up a month or so ago and I was ready for buying a new one when I had a thought of restoring my computer, I did it slightly different I restored my drive from an image back up but it fixed it first time and to this day I still am unsure as to what caused it.

Back
Top Bottom