So I just got a PS3...

I entered a contest to get a PS3 and I didn't win. You're way too lucky. :p

Jealously aside, I didn't even know you could partition the hard drive and install other operating systems on the PS3.

dude u should load windows xp on to it
=P do some soft modding
u can still run ps3 regular to
cuz every things in the hard drive
i wounder if u put xp on it if your could run games to? its got a
nvidia 7800 graphics card in it
im sure u could just dl the drivers

Wrong, it has the equvilent of 2x 6800's in terms of archetecture. notice I said, equivilent, because it does not have a PC chipset in it.
The Cell processor would also stop that happening.

Well done though on winning a PS3 :D I'd have one if I won one, and yeah, sell your PS2 or something because over where you are, the PS3 plays all games, right?

Sweet congrats! Wish I was that lucky.

Definately hook it it up to a high def TV. My buddy got one and runs it on his 56inch Plasma. OMG its freaking sweet. Madden in split 2 player 1 screens as big as my tv lol.

Wish I could remeber the name of the game he downloaded a demo of. Its some ninja game out there. Kind of a mix of prince of persja only you can chop peoples head/limbs off at will.

Check out reasistence too. Not spelled right but really fun online!

Again have fun.

Congrat's man, and it's cool that right away you started doing something considerate and helping by folding at home.

Great job man, and good luck with it..

dude u should load windows xp on to it
=P do some soft modding
u can still run ps3 regular to
cuz every things in the hard drive
i wounder if u put xp on it if your could run games to? its got a
nvidia 7800 graphics card in it
im sure u could just dl the drivers

Nope. The PS3 may be like a PC, but it isn't in the traditional sense. The RSX GPU is very similar in architecture to the G70 and is more powerful than two 6800 Ultras in SLI, but you can't just download drivers for it. You can use Linux on the PS3 though, which isn't too suprising cause Linux is notorious for running on almost any kind of hardware whereas Window is picky and needs a x86-32 based system.

Can I borrow it for abit iI promise I'll give it back :p

I wish i won one, win one for me next time.

All my PS3 is doing 24/7 is folding right now. Motor Storm sucks IMO. I need to get some composite cables or a HDMI-->DVI converter since the 52 in. in the living room has one, but I don't know if it supports HDCP, which is required for DVI connections for anything to display at all.

Being able to partition the drive is cool, but not when you can only make the partition 10GB, and there is no custom option. The good thing is that it takes standard hard drives. Someone already stuck a 320GB in theirs. The OS isn't stored on the hard drive either.

It comes with built-in wireless internet, which is useful to me because I don't feel like drilling holes and running a cable under the floor just to get internet access through my PS3.

Again, thanks for the replies guys :)

Motorstorm is okay. It's fun for some quick arcadey racing action, but for a long-term racer, I'd rather have Forza Motorsport 2.

Back
Top Bottom