Motherboard broken yes/no?

I would say yes, if your mother is equipped with a power LED and it's not lit when the PSU is plugged into the motherboard. Either that, or the switch on the back of the PSU is turned off.

No, my PSU blew out recently and it still had the green LED on my motherboard. If the motherboard LED is out, chances are the motherboard is dead.

If the green LED is on, that means there is power flowing through the motherboard and that it is okay. It just means standby power. If there is no LED, then its fried.

When i plug the PSU into the motherboard then the green LED on the board lights up. What does this mean?

I've tried everything suggested and nothing can get the motherboard to power up.

Notably, i just discovered that the GPU that was in the board when it died has some of it's circuitry burnt out; with some of the tracks hanging off the board, completely charred.

Along with this the HDD completely burnt out it's motor at the time.

Makes me think that despite this green LED coming on, there's limited hope for the RAM, CPU or motherboard?

If even your peripherals are burned out, I think the chances of you powering up your motherboard is well.. non existent. I'd really consider just getting an entirely new board, if the damage to your HDD and video card was that extensive, chances are you won't be able to salvage the memory or the CPU. you could always try your parts at a friends house or something that has a skt 939 motherboard, which might save you a few bucks here and there, but at this point in time where theres AM2s and C2Ds, it's not really worth it to repair a dead skt 939.

...i suppose i just needed someone to say it. Case closed. Hey, at least i get to make a new computer?

Back
Top Bottom