...........hi. dell customers welcome.

I would get the RAM to use the 800MHz speed and leave it as is. I don't think you can do too much about the power supply from Dell. When you get it, you can switch that out and upgrade to the video card of your choice. It's a good price system still.

they dont offer. i dont like dell cuz of limited options

You mean they don't offer the RAM of your choice? I tried to configure one and I manage to get the fast RAM they had. It just adds to the cost though. I hate all the bloatware they want to try to get you to get. I didn't want any of their crap such as Yahoo Music, AOL, Works, Mcafee, etc.

I think dell makes an alright machine. I have one and since I put a new HDD and DVD burner in it, I've ad no problems with it and even though it's only a P4 I managed to get it running like a swiss watch.

Also, I'd personally upgrade to an E6600 or E6700 if possible. Those seem to be pretty popular and are good chips. If you plan on gaming, it might be worth the upgrade.

That sucks. Even the XPS model, the RAM are all the same. Dell just don't like high speed RAMs in their system. Even some of the laptops are using the low speed memory bus. Terrible. Just like mine.

they dont like the 8800gts either...

lol. guess i will get the 8600gt if not integrated. i just found out they only put a 375 w in the xps.

Back
Top Bottom