...........hi. dell customers welcome.

spywarebanisher

Fully Optimized
my mom wouldnt let me build anymore unless its with old parts so she told me to buy dell. i didnt really want to do that because i wanted to overclock c2d and
i have had rather bad exp. with dell. but i went anyway and wanted to know if
this build was solid.
PROCESSOR Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6420 (4MB L2 Cache,2.13GHz,1066 FSB) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium edit
MONITOR 19 inch SE198WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor edit
MEMORY 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs edit
HARD DRIVE 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ„¢ edit
OPTICAL DRIVE 16X DVD+/-RW Drive edit
VIDEO CARD Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 edit
SOUND Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio edit
KEYBOARD & MOUSE Dell USB Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse edit
FLOPPY & MEDIA READER No Floppy Drive Included edit
MODEM & WIRELESS 56K PCI Data Fax Modem edit
My Software & Accessories
SPEAKERS No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system) edit
ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE No Security Subscription (30-day trial) edit

grumble.if only they stripped it of extra features.

and also i picked integrated cuz i wanted to chuck a 8800gts in there but according to this...........http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/inspndt?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
(look under "right sized" in under EXPRESS YOURSELF and when i looked at the measurements, they were suprisingly small and i dont even know if the psu will support a 8800gts.

this build ended up to be 999

Did you already purchase this thing? How much money does it cost? I saw a decent deal on a tower only if that's all you're looking for. Theres room for expansion too in the future.
Here:
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=04&kc=6W300&l=en&oc=bdcwyfz&s=bsd

Problem with settling with integrated is that it may not have an expansion slot for a PCI-e card, so you should just check that out. I think the link above will be able to handle a GTS if you considered upgrading the PSU or something since it's already tackling a quadcore proc.

What bad experience have you had with Dell? I just bought a new Dell laptop and I hope I don't get any trouble with them.

Anyways, I would consider configuring an XPS line. Sounds like you are going to be doing heavy gaming and all that. How much are you planning to spend?

OK i guess you are prepared for the flaming cos you arbout to buy a dell but i am not gonna flame you i own a dell , it is a crap one though
Defiantly get it with an 8800 already in there . That way you know the psu can handle it and it will fit the case . ALso at least then its covered under the dell waranty whereas if you bought it off your own back you would have to return the card back to the maker to get a replacement , meanwhile you are stuck with poor integrated
Also the ram isnt that good i would get 800mhz .
also cant you just buy used parts of the same spec off ebay ?Then it is ol stuff cos its been used

Yeah, I actually have 4 Dell Dimension desktops right now and a Dell Inspiron notebook. One of my desktops is like seven years old and still running strong. Dell gets a bad rep around here, I guess mainly because when you build it yourself and something goes wrong you're not gonna go around diminishing yourself :D. They're computers are alright, don't be too down that your mom won't let you order parts :).

I have two dells, and I am happy with them. Plus there are 3 others in the house that don't belong to me. I will admit, I don't build my own computer, and that is why I don't have specs to a screaming machine in my sig. :D

i dont want to spend more than 1500 usd

and @ kchi that xps system doesnt even have 8800gts, only the gtx...

and @muz yea i was pretty ready. they dont seem to have systems that let u choose a 8800gts. only 8600gt or 8800gtx.

and @isowner, the dell laptops shud be fine. the desktops overheat like crazy. maybe thats just me.

I would get the RAM to use the 800MHz speed and leave it as is. I don't think you can do too much about the power supply from Dell. When you get it, you can switch that out and upgrade to the video card of your choice. It's a good price system still.

i dont want to spend more than 1500 usd

and @ kchi that xps system doesnt even have 8800gts, only the gtx...

and @muz yea i was pretty ready. they dont seem to have systems that let u choose a 8800gts. only 8600gt or 8800gtx.

and @isowner, the dell laptops shud be fine. the desktops overheat like crazy. maybe thats just me.

Oh lol, I was thinking that you could order the 8800GTS separately, my bad.

Back
Top Bottom