So I just got a PS3...

yes he is. ive used a ps3 and seen the folding at home option but never got to try it.

Congrats! Winning such prizes is such a neat thing! I always wanted to win something of that sort of value :(

So the PS3 is indeed just like a computer system. Unbelievable. I never knew that. He's probably playing with it right now. I wish I had game console too, but seems like everything is do darn expensive.

Oh, XBox 360 has slashed its price by $50. I can imagine by Christmas, it will be more affordable for a majority of the people, hopefully.

Nice! Now I'm actually tempted to buy a PS3. Why?

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

'Nuff said.

OMG, that's like winning the lottery almost. I never win at any of these things.

But wait, are you actually folding through your PS3???

Yes, you can fold with the PS3. Stanford made a Folding@Home app that utilizes the Cell Processor's floating-point capabilities. It's actually really fast...faster than any computer, even a mighty quad-core rig.

The only thing that it can't beat is the ATI Radeon X1k series. GPU's are notoriously fast when put to good use.

Thanks for the replies guys. Sony made setting up a new OS really easy. They let you make partitions on the hard drive and has an option to install another OS. I'm going to try putting Ubuntu on it later.

Metal Gear Solid is gonna be awesome though, along with the new GTA.

It has a web browser where flash works really good. So far Google Video and Youtube works on it.

Does anyone have any Xbox 360 vs Ps3 screens?

As to show the graphic quality difference.

Back
Top Bottom