mineral oil cooled pc?

Fish wouldn't survive long in distilled water. Distilled water isn't good for any living thing as far as I know. Lacks minerals that animals need.

distilled water MIGHT work since it doesn't conduct electricity since all the minerals etc are gone. But then again I don't know if a fish would survive in distilled water.

dunno put they probably would but not for long as it dosent have any minerals
Also wouldnt the distilled water get impurities after a while and then start conducting

Also wouldnt the distilled water get impurities after a while and then start conducting

it's possible. But it probably won't get any minerals etc in it because it never touches the ground or anything like it. Sure there could be some stuff that comes from the air but with decent protection (you know, like some glass there so that flies don't shit into the water etc) it should stay pretty pure.

But I guess there is only 1 way to find out! :D

it's possible. But it probably won't get any minerals etc in it because it never touches the ground or anything like it. Sure there could be some stuff that comes from the air but with decent protection (you know, like some glass there so that flies don't shit into the water etc) it should stay pretty pure.

But I guess there is only 1 way to find out! :D

suppose so but wouldn't it dissolve impurities off the components .
also congrats on the 6666 posts there :D#

oh i just read this as well
* Pure water is corrosive to metals due to the very low dissolved solids content (ions)
* Water promotes oxidation of metals also known as corrosion
* Water typically contains small quantities of various microorganisms, which may grow and multiply over time

suppose so but wouldn't it dissolve impurities off the components .
also congrats on the 6666 posts there :D#

hmm, good point. And HOLY SH!T! I have that many posts? :D Didn't even notice that. And thank you.

And yes there is corrosion because of the ions, but distilled water doesn't really have too many ions because all the minerals are gone. Not an expert in chemistry but I think water can form some sort of ions with itself.
So yeah, that could be a problem. :D

who cares if it runs cool or not
that looks dam kool!
who here can say i have a pc cooled by mineral oil =P
and i bet u if u set it up that radiator with a fan
those temps would drop some more
i think im going to see if i can find an old ass pc
and try this.....
im really surprised that the power supply doesn't mess up or any thing because of the oil.......

Back
Top Bottom