Where are u guys learning all this computer stuff from?

Mostly all hands on stuff I do. I get a lot of older PCs, so I've run into many problems to fix. I don't learn a whole bunch for anyone else, maybe a bit form the forum from time to time. As for keeping up with new technology...best PC I got has a P4 2.8GHz, I don't know too much about the newer stuff other than when I read on the forums, though it doesn't help a whole bunch considering I don't have the technology.

I don't have the newer stuff either. Everything I learn are strictly from reviews. Oh yeah, that's another thing. Read up on websites for reviews for each hardware. Sometime just listening to other people's experiences help you gain a lot of insight.

<---Self Taught and Had a lot of 'training' through prior employment. Also, I read a lot of books. Seriously, sybex, oreilly, e-books on -->CCNA,MCSE & MCSA, C.I.S.S.P, etc...

lots of hacking books, and stuff from the net. This site, antionline.com & setting up my own WLAN and breaking into it

I taught myself a lot. My job also helped me pick up things that books never seem to cover (mostly things in the examples for later use department). The "Books for Dummies" series is a great tool. Check them out.

I also got a magazine subscription from my grandpa for Smart Computing. They review some hardware things, look into some future things, and help people with their computer problems.

mostly from this forum, building my own comp, screwing around with computers, and magazines

I learned hands on. My father in law gave me my first computer, an old 66MHz 486, which I promptly tore apart to see what was in it and how it all went together. From there I started upgrading and then on to building entire systems. I picked up most of my info from asking lots of questions and reading tech magazines and stuff off the internet.

I taught myself a lot. My job also helped me pick up things that books never seem to cover (mostly things in the examples for later use department). The "Books for Dummies" series is a great tool. Check them out.

I also got a magazine subscription from my grandpa for Smart Computing. They review some hardware things, look into some future things, and help people with their computer problems.

I find there is loads of stuff you learn from hands on that books and classes dont cover.Mostly when you experiment and things go wrong though

If you do want to get into computers the best thing to do though is this
Get an old PC from somewhere ebay or somewhere else . Something around the £30 ($60) mark will do something like a p3 and then take it apart see what its running google up the part names and see what upgrades you can carry out etc and just generally have a fiddle about with it see what you can learn .This will probably will teach you more than any book as it will be hands on . I said to buy a pc cos i wouldnt realy do this to my home PC if i had no knowledge in case you bust it up

Yeah basically what the title says, just curious as to where u guys learn all this info and keep up to date with the computer world. I'd like to get in on it too :D . Kinda sick of being nooby and since having a good computer that also runs well is important to me :rolleyes:

I learned by screwing around with computers all day at high school for 5 years. Notice highschool shoulda been 4 years. I maintained wifi access points, a mac network, and a long time ago a small pc network, than also did a fileserver.

And than I have forums, than I read books, and now I work with computers all day.

Back
Top Bottom