Dell Insprion 1150

4fingerninja

In Runtime
well for christmas santa :D brought me a dell Insprion 1150 and it was decent and stuff so one day i tried to turn it on and i had the charger in and it didtn turn on so i tried again and it still didnt turn on and i either thought it was the charger, battery, or the mobo and i really cant tell so can someone please help me out?

Thanks
Chris

OK, does your laptop adapter have a light? If so, is it illuminated? Does the battery have lights and do any of them light up? Does the laptop show any indication of charging (usually a green battery light)?

So, if your adapter has a light, but it isn't illuminated, your adapter is having issues. If the adapter is lit, check the battery lights. If any are lit, it is charging the battery and both the battery and charger are OK. If the charging light is on on the laptop, but the battery shows no charge, then the battery and/or the motherboard is to blame.

So check those things, and tell me what you find. :)

yes no no i think let me check no but i have had problems where the charge goes into the plug but doesnt charge

Chris

Sounds to me like you need a new charger.

Best Buy and Circuit City have generic laptop adapters for like $75, but it might be cheaper to order a new charger direct from Dell. Here's a link for a charger direct from Dell. It is even on sale. You will probably have to venture down that aisle, unfortunately. Sorry. But if it were me, I am glad it is the charger, because a charger can easily be replaced, unlike a motherboard. And the battery sells for $159.

Sounds just like a problem I've had before with my laptop. In my case, it was serious as it pertained to the motherboard and power supply. If I were you, call Dell to have it fixed under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom