windows xp or windows vista?

XP. That is probably the minimum I would want to see of a vista machine. An XP machine would utilize that better.

yeah xp, unless it was just used for basic things like the internet then you might aswell have vista

I would not advise using Vista unless you put a lot of guts into a machine. That is borderline minimum as far as "acceptable" performance when using Vista. Heck, my P4 HT 3.06 lags somewhat with Vista Home Premium. I do not advise using Vista. My vote is obviously XP. XP will outperform Vista on any machine.

I will definatly have to say XP . To sufficiently run vista without any sort of lags you need a high power dual core , 2 gigs of ram and a decent graphics card .
Thats the minimum i would run vista on anyway

It depends, but I would say Vista. But before you actually switch over, make sure all your software will work with Vista. If not, then XP is the best thing for you as everyone have mentioned.

Vista still has compatibility issues and Microsoft admits it too.

I haven't heard of any gaming issues with Vista yet. At least the games I have. They all work great. I have FEAR, Doom 3, Quake 4. Both play extremely well.

I am moreso saying XP, cuz with Vista you will have too much lag with those specs on your rig. Especially if you are playing games. Just web surfing, you could probably get away with Vista, but your FPS (frames per second) will probably plummet with Vista.

I feel he should run everything ok with what he has. As long as he has a gig of RAM which he has already. Processor wise, he's good to go. I'm using a fairly dated PC myself and it's running really good.

Back
Top Bottom