who else loves the sport baseball?

Requires a lot of both. I'm a competitive swimmer myself and as far as endurance goes, it really depends on the events you swim. Sprinters have to worry more about the technical things like the start, turn and finish. Endurance swimmers have to train to keep a fast pace for a long period of time.

However, I can easily say that an incredible amount of disipline is required either way. You have to mentally push yourself to beat that guy next to you. Even during practice you have to have disipline and push yourself to do the best you can.
Yeah. I get to swim the 1500 (meters) tonight, whoop dee doo. :( Basically a mile, about 20 minutes, of beating the crap out of yourself.

And then the rest of the weekend is fun filled with events such as the 400 free, 400 IM, and 200 fly...greattt. Oh well, it's all part of my strategy to win all the events that none of the really fast kids swim so I can get high point.

I don't think its a sport...(baseball)

freestyler I might go out for swimming this school year, I have a poool and I do tons of laps and I really love it!

I don't think its a sport...(baseball)

freestyler I might go out for swimming this school year, I have a poool and I do tons of laps and I really love it!
It's a good sport. You might not get all the glory like football, but it's fun. I think Michael Phelps is pretty much the only famous swimmer ever...

Anyway, I don't know how intense your team is, but only join if you're really going to put in the effort. You can get into awesome shape from swimming if you're really into it. Swimming is actually 3 times as good for you as running. So if you swim a lap (of a 25 yard pool), you burn about the same amount of calories as you would if you ran 75 yards. Not to mention you work most of the muscles in your body, not just your legs.

I swim also and I must say, you need the most mentality and least endurance to be a sprinter, its all about turns and the want to beat the guy next to you.

Back
Top Bottom