Build Own Laptop

ssc456

Fully Optimized
well wen do you guys think you will be able to build your own laptop like you can desktops ?

i know you can a little bit now but im talking mainstream like dekstop building is?

i said wen it should really be if lol.

i cnt wait for that day

Hmm i dunno its a little more complicated than building a desktop cos the motherboards have to be designed for the cases with all the posts and stuff . its not like just get a new backplate with desktops

Building a laptop can be costly. It's not as highly customizable as desktop PC. After getting the parts you need, you'll spend about the same price then if you were to buy a mid range laptop from Dell or from some other places.

@ ISOwner i no lol

im asking if / wen will it be more mainstream to build your own laptop coz surely 1 day we will be able to

That question, I don't know. It's really hard to say. Ultra portable devices are gaining popularity and they're always changine. Juding by that, I would say a long, long time from now or never become an easy builder compared to a desktop PC.

It'll be a really long time before that happens. Currently you can build your own customized laptop using a barebones chassis. Basically it's a customized motherboard inside a laptop chassis and all you have to do is buy your own CPU, RAM and HDD to install.

It's really complicated because laptops use customized motherboards and depending on the configuration, some might have the GPU integrated, some might use MXM or whatnot. It's not like desktops where you have ATX standards and so forth.

I find it easier just to go to a gateway.com or a dell.com and customize a pre-existing build. You're not really getting the full cutomization you need as far as parts go (ie, getting the motherboard you like--if any, an expanded line of video cards, wireless adapter, etc.), but at least you can choose how fast you want it to be.

It's really neat in regards to the build in wireless adapter in laptops. They're actually an expansion card that connects to the motherboard. I always thought they were integrated into it until I tore up my old laptop.

Yeah, it's less of a hassle to customize your own pre-built laptop from Dell or whatnot. Just the cost of parts and the chassis alone will cost you more than a pre-built laptop of the same range. Notebook parts cost quite a bit.

probably never. sooner or later they will have a breakthrough in onboard video and there will no need to be a highly customable laptop. maybe a company will make them made to order but i dont think you will be able to put it together

o well gues its a long way off them till i get my custom build laptop,

the thing is i have my desktop and yh its great but i live at my house no. 53 and im round my g/f's house no52 about 14 hours of the day lol so i really need a powerful laptop to take wiv me jus dnt have the money to spend on a really expensive 1.

so i guess ill jus have to move in lol, she keeps askin me but im only 16 and havent even had a job yet i keep saying i have not really experienced an adult lifestyle yet,

i mean i have been with her like 3 - 4 years and i def think were gonna stay together jus dont wonna move in yet,

back on track with this thread i guess i could always build another comp and put it at her house :( although i couldnt start something on my desktop and continue it when i get ova hers,

Back
Top Bottom