Windows Vista

how much ram u got in that machine cuz it might just be that and its a lot cheaper to buy ram than it is to buy a new processor

Chris

Thanks for all the replys. I finally got rollercoaster tycoon 2 to work (by changing the compatibility mode) but no success with the other games. I have 1.5GB of RAM (1536MB), I originally had 768MB when I first installed vista but found it too slow. The ram only helped a bit. Like I said earlier all these games did work on xp, and I could always use the maximum settings for details in the games. Now they run slowly even set to the lowest settings. So I think it might be the processor.

I have all the latest drivers for my graphics card aswell. Also I decided to temporarily dual boot with xp to try out these games and they all ran smoothly on xp.

Seeing as I spent lots of money on vista, I am definately going to go for the new processor option. Thanks everybody for the help.

Weirdly, I find out that my Celeron 2.26 system runs perfectly well with the 3D effects on Linux. (I own a GFX6200). Loads fine.

Okay, we all kow Vista is a resource intensive program, but that's what it's called the future.

I'd try to upgrade your CPU to a Pentium D or PDC (Core 2 Duo's older gen. Pentium Dual-Core (PDC)).

A lot of times games that were not outfitted to work with Vista will act up with Vista once you upgrade. You can try to see if the developer of the game put out a Vista update for their software. Sometimes that helps.
games worked perfectly on windows xp home before I upgraded
Two things, one, the system runs so much slower with Vista compared to XP (I know mine went from screaming to crying ;)). Also, it could be the game. I had a whole bunch of software on my computer that isn't compatible with Vista, so I had to actually install Microsoft Virtual PC with XP and use my software with that. Sucks, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!!!

Back
Top Bottom